+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texas Autocross Weekend Invitation

We are planning to have our third annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" this summer. The original thought was to get the local teams from Texas and Oklahoma together, but it seems to have grown to much wider boundaries. The intent is to get teams and cars together for a practice session on Saturday and then attend a local SCCA autocross on Sunday.

Here is the schedule:

Friday afternoon: - Open house and open shop at UTA. Tour of our facility and see twenty years of FSAE car evolution, car repair, tire changing, shop talk, etc.

Friday evening: - Social at my house. Magazines, photos, FSAE videos, games and puzzles.

Saturday: - We will setup some racetracks on our large asphalt parking lot. We can setup the 2003 endurance course, or a more open longer course, or both. We will have SCCA timing and can record every run for your records.

Saturday evening: - Eat together at a cafeteria. Early to bed.

Sunday: - Attend the Texas Region's SCCA regional autocross. It is located about 30 minutes from campus and has a relatively small concrete parking lot. They will allow 3 or possibly 4 drivers per car instead of the normal limit of 2.

Accommodations: - There is a motel directly across the street from our UTA track. They have reasonable rates. We can park trailers on our parking lot (track) overnight.

Our shop will be available Saturday for repairs or do-it-yourself tire changes.

We will need to know if you intend to attend. Please contact me directly for further communications.

Dr. Bob Woods
    Faculty Advisor, UTA
    woods@mae.uta.edu

We are planning to have our third annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" this summer. The original thought was to get the local teams from Texas and Oklahoma together, but it seems to have grown to much wider boundaries. The intent is to get teams and cars together for a practice session on Saturday and then attend a local SCCA autocross on Sunday.

Here is the schedule:

Friday afternoon: - Open house and open shop at UTA. Tour of our facility and see twenty years of FSAE car evolution, car repair, tire changing, shop talk, etc.

Friday evening: - Social at my house. Magazines, photos, FSAE videos, games and puzzles.

Saturday: - We will setup some racetracks on our large asphalt parking lot. We can setup the 2003 endurance course, or a more open longer course, or both. We will have SCCA timing and can record every run for your records.

Saturday evening: - Eat together at a cafeteria. Early to bed.

Sunday: - Attend the Texas Region's SCCA regional autocross. It is located about 30 minutes from campus and has a relatively small concrete parking lot. They will allow 3 or possibly 4 drivers per car instead of the normal limit of 2.

Accommodations: - There is a motel directly across the street from our UTA track. They have reasonable rates. We can park trailers on our parking lot (track) overnight.

Our shop will be available Saturday for repairs or do-it-yourself tire changes.

We will need to know if you intend to attend. Please contact me directly for further communications.

Dr. Bob Woods
    Faculty Advisor, UTA
    woods@mae.uta.edu

I forgot to mention the dates. It will be 18, 19, and 20 July.

+ Reply to Thread