+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which is Better?

Which of the races held outside the US is better? Just wondering what your thoughts because I haven't been able to find any info.

Which of the races held outside the US is better? Just wondering what your thoughts because I haven't been able to find any info.
    "A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

Better in what way?

Formula Student:

More Cars
    Cheaper airfare

FSAE-A

Better competition level (hell they beat us! )
    Better weather?
    MUCH lower entry fee

I'm sure there are lots of details I don't know about, that people prefer. But that's my opinion after looking at the two competitions.

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE
    5th Overall Detroit 2003
    ? Overall Aussie 2003.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

let me see, australians have a better accent imho.
    wildlife is a ton more interesting, we have 20 of the worlds 21 most deadly snakes, and the one that we dont have is a sea-snake. of course, we are all taught to catch them and how to cook them before we can talk...

im sure Charlie or someone with some informed opinions could fill you in on shipping costs etc.
    as far as i know, general (like living) costs are alot cheaper over here.

and yeah, the weather is better. we have poms out here who cant cope with the weather. they say its too boring, there is no variety, its always sunny.

- if it isnt coming, you need a bigger tool.

[This message was edited by gug on September 05, 2003 at 11:15 PM.]
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

how many teams are at each of the races? Just wondering, and I agree with Charlie that there seems to be some heavy hitters over in the down under. Plus you all have FOSTERS
    "A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

Just for the record not many people here (well no one in our team or anyone i know) drink fosters. XXXX is where its at if you're in Queensland, or Tooheys is a good drop too. I personally can't stand Fosters...

UQ Racing Team Leader 2003
    www.uq.edu.au/fsae
    UQ Racing Team Leader 2003
    www.uq.edu.au/fsae

Formula Student is definitely the weakest event. There was only 1 maybe 2 good cars and no world class cars their.

In the USA there were about 12 world class cars and in Australia there will be about 8 world class cars.

There would be maybe one car at Formula Student that would be in the top 30 worldwide and maybe 3 in the top 50.

The UK has about 40 teams to Australia's 25 or so but that is deceptive. 75 - 80% of teams in Australia finish the Enduro normally, I think only 1 or 2 did in the UK.

The cost of living in Australia is at least half that of the UK.

I agree about Fosters but to be honest it was the only beer from there I had heard of. I agree that the heavy hitters are down under..

+ Reply to Thread