+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UCSD Formula SAE Pictures and Video

When the boyz and girls from Cornell came to Toronto for our annual Shootout event, we discussed these things in person and got to know the Cornell team pretty well. They have as much support financially as many teams do. To say they have a 100,000US budget is kinda ridiculous. Our budget this year totalled $65,000CDN and that put 8 team members and a race car to the UK Formula Student competition as well as 24 kids to Michigan. Cornell told me they have approximately the same budget.

As to the discussion as to why schools win? It's quite simple actually. UOW I have not been able to throroughly check out and talk to their team yet.....so I dunno. But w/ Cornell and UTA.... it's all about the people. Their faculty support is extremely strong and knowledge is passed on from year to year in volumes and volumes of books. THe teams are cleanly thought out and continuously have knowledgable and organized leaders in their faculty advisors/supporters etc.

I'd say other teams that are close to success just have good kids on their programs with the same attributes as mentioned above.

my 2 cents.

Vinh

University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    Toronto FSAE Alumni 01-04
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    2003 Formula Student Champs!

Wow - I have to say that I should be eating my words. The 100 grand figure popped out whilst in the interview in my attempt to give a strong impression of the strength Formula SAE has around the nation - and frankly, around the world. I apologize if anyone took offense to my naming such a number.

Regarding more footage of Helsinki on the Dyno - Yeah, you bet we have more... getting a computer and a camera with a dedicated editor is the hard part during summer.

Again - Apologies.

Everyone from Claude's Seminar receive their certificate? Neat!

Micah

Micah Bayless
    President
    UCSD SAE
    858 534-6277
    mbayless@ucsd.edu

FYI - the number has been changed to a more subtle 30K.

Micah Bayless
    President
    UCSD SAE
    858 534-6277
    mbayless@ucsd.edu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2