+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How many here Autocross?

I autocross my lexus is300 in STX. going after my second midiv title this summer.
    University of Oklahoma alum
    Sooner Racing team...sae.ou.edu
    " I see no point in being the richest man in the cemetery."
    "Bail!! Bail!!"

Started autoXing about 3 years ago, but didn't get truly addicted to it until this last year. Trying to cut back on it until after graduation (Tires are expensive!) I'm in SM1 with my fat pig 3000Gt and it's usually very competitive. Anyone here run Cen Div by any chance?
    Bradley University
    2006 Formula SAE Suspension & Contols Team

I started auto-X'ing my 1998 Acura Integra GS-R last summer. I only got in two events before the season ended, but had a really great time, and took home first place in the Novice class (NOVA?) both times . There are a few people on the UW SAE team that have been auto-X'ing for a while, so it'll be sweet to be able to go w/them and all my car-geek friends once the season starts up again.
    ===================
    University of Washington - Team 17...18...??

Started reading Grassroots Motorsports around 10th grade, found it on the rack at Borders. Started autocrossing about a year later when I got the 944. I've been in a drought lately, the last half dozen or so events (autox or track) I've done have been in other people's cars. My e36 has the dreaded rear subframe mount tear, found that out after a pair of autoxes with some nasty clunkiness. I owe a bunch of guys some seat time in the 951 this summer. I had a blast in one buddy's S2k and another's FD RX7 at a pair of track weekends, so next summer its their turn in my beast...

For those that haven't tried it yet, the $150 or so you spend on your first track day will the hands down best cash blown at the habit. Once you go track, you never go back. Or maybe only sometimes, a little autox on the side never hurt anything.

Several members of our team autocross regularly.

I run my truck in STK (Sport Truck), usually by myself. It's cool to pull the SAE trailer to an event, unhook the truck, switch tires, and race the truck and the car both.

Another one of our members runs his turbo Miata in SM2. Yet another runs a formula Vee.

Also, our region (Central Kentucky Region) hooks us up big time. They let us run the SAE car in all heats (usually 3 heats per event), and run two drivers per heat. We usually get close to 40 runs on the car each event by the time fun runs are over, though it's hectic staying on top of everything. Another big deal for us happens when our region uses the school's stadium lot for autocross (including one divisional). The school considers the money that they pay for the lot a donation; all donations can be "assigned" to a college. They assign the money to the College of Engineering, the College of Engineering gives SAE the money. It's not much, but usually amounts to a grand or so each year.

Also, the deal stands for any SAE team that may be in driving distance (except the money, that's ours) AHEM AHEM Louisville, Cincinnati; come play with us next summer? They usually have two events before competition!
    University of Kentucky Formula Racing
    Watch out for the blue car from the bluegrass...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Waltman:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DangerousDrifterDan:
    ...and as my name suggests... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Dan,
    I think your name suggests that loving you was wrong. Dead wrong.

Sorry for that everyone - I need some sleep. (Dan you don't, by chance, drift/own a Crown Vic do you?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha sorry about this taking forever but yes i do drive a crown vic. have yu heard of me? haha send me an emial if you read this dehaire21@tntech.edu
    As Fast and Sideways As Possible.

I started autocrossing with my dad when I was 14 in my 2nd gen DSM (eclipse). After riding with some friends my dad was convinced to buy a miata which in turn caused me to buy one as well. I started to set mine up for CSP with TEIN Flex coilovers, better suited tires, and a lightened flywheel. But since I'm doing the whole college thing and driving the formula car I let my dad take up the CSP car, adding a roll bar,13x9 wheels, R-compounds, etc. I think we will be selling his roadster now but I still drive mine when at home and during Evo school.
    Jared Anderson
    University of Kansas
    Jayhawk Motorsports FSAE

I've been autocrossing seriously since April 2001. Competed Nationally the past 4 years doing numerous National Tours and ProSolos, and attending the National Championships the past 4 years, the first in my old STS Mazda Protege, and the last 3 in my Toyota MR2 in E-stock. Managed to be 2nd for the ProSolo season the last two years, and taken a couple of National Tour wins along the way also. Best finish at Nationals so far is 5th in 2004, with 8th's in both '03 and '05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5