+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Formula Student logistics

Dick,

Kind of on a side note but I just came across this web page and you picture is all over it..... http://www.msoe.edu/st_orgs/sae/MSOE...%20History.htm Just thought that if you didn't know it was there you may like to see it.

"A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

Thanks!

If you look closely, I wrote it!

They weren't aware of much of their history, so last year I took the time (as an alumnus and former faculty member/advisor) to write one for them.

Actually, they were supposed to remove it as I've given them a revised version (This one was taken from an internal document I put together for them re: their history. I'm going to again suggest that they put that one up. They've removed the link from their website, but the page is still on the web. (We've edited out the sections re: each car in which I gave candid commentary on each car and - as necessary - team. It's always better to learn from someone else's experiences, rather than having to relive them all yourself.)

The new version has updated pictures, more pictures, and corrects some errors I later documented. (A lot of it was done from memory.) That I had no objection to them linking to, but they haven't done it.

I'm going to sit in on their design presentations in 10 days, so I'll remind them about changing this page.

Besides the fact that I wrote it, I'm in it a lot because I was a student member and faculty advisor. (let alone competition official, organizer, rules committee founder, member and chair, student activities committeee member, etc., etc.)

None of us who served as Carroll's motorsports design judges currently know what's happening on that front this year, but I've really enjoyed serving in that role! (I keep threatening (in jest) to do headquarters' staff some day, which would complete the experiences!)

- Dick

[This message was edited by Dick Golembiewski on February 16, 2004 at 12:55 AM.]

Frank,

That's the one!

My local (Something tells me that folks from Oz would like Milwaukee, as there's a pub on every corner! Actually the block I grew up on didn't. Instead, two corners had them, while two others were mid-block! <grin&gt used to have it in the 32 oz. bottles back in the mid-to-late 80's and early 90's (I prefer draft, but it's impossible to get it that way over here.), but I haven't seen it for about 10 years.

- Dick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3