OK guys, so far I've gotten strong interest from the following teams:

RPI (thats me)
    Cornell
    Toronto
    Dartmouth
    Clarkson
    Columbia
    Montreal Poly

Any other Canadian teams who would be interested, please email me, venied@rpi.edu.

Our local SCCA region is willing to help us organize it. I am going to be working on getting the GE Power Systems facility in Schenectady as a site. I've also been in touch with the RIT team, but have not heard back. I will be in touch with the Finger Lakes Region SCCA, who has events on the RIT campus, to see what they think as well.

If any of you guys have alumni who work at GE here in Schenectady, maybe you could pass along some contact info and see where we can get this.

I'll keep you all posted as things develop.

Dominic

www.formularpi.com
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
    Formula SAE '00 - '04
    Team Leader '01 - '03
    www.formularpi.com

The following are contacts for the teams that particpated in Toronto's Shootout back on October. They consist of Waterloo, Ryerson, Western, McMaster, Queens, Cornell, and Michigan Dearborn I believe:

beardaryl@hotmail.com, fsae@engmail.uwaterloo.ca, gdgraves@uwo.ca, jrichter@liburdi.com, richtejd@mcmaster.ca, formula@me.queensu.ca, jpgranger@videotron.ca, jhumphre@umd.umich.edu, uks310@hotmail.com, OORYANZ@aol.com, DPearen@hatch.ca

Vinh

University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    Toronto FSAE Alumni 01-04
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    2003 Formula Student Champs!

Thanks Vinh. I've emailed those teams as well. Our SCCA region has been very helpful - I heard from them again today and we're working on finding a site in the Albany area. Still waiting to hear from RIT though. That would be a more convenient site for you guys coming from west of here, don't you think? If you have a contact at RIT, perhaps you could give it a try?

www.formularpi.com
    Formula SAE '00 - '04
    Team Leader '01 - '03
    www.formularpi.com

Waterloo is definately interested. Most of the team is in school for the summer so we'll be there barring any conflicts with midterms (mid June) or finals (August)

Aaron Johnston
    University of Waterloo FSAE

www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~fsae
    Aaron Johnston
    Waterloo FSAE '02-'06
    RCR #31 Team Engineer

I've still had no luck finding a site. As I've mentioned, nothing on our own campus is suitable for such an event. I'm working on it, but its on the back burner at the moment. If any other teams interested out there would be interested in hosting such an event, or securing a site, please post a reply. Odds are we won't be able to do anything before Detroit. Looking more like after Formula Student, say August, when we all get back to school.

www.formularpi.com
    Formula SAE '00 - '04
    Team Leader '01 - '03
    www.formularpi.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2