+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Formula Student Thread

Now that FSAE is over. I was wondering about teams and their intentions for Formula Student.

There seems to be 57 entries this year. Rensselaer are you guys in for sure? Ohio State? UTA? do you guys have shipping arrangements for the cars?

Vinh

University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Now that FSAE is over. I was wondering about teams and their intentions for Formula Student.

There seems to be 57 entries this year. Rensselaer are you guys in for sure? Ohio State? UTA? do you guys have shipping arrangements for the cars?

Vinh

www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    Toronto FSAE Alumni 01-04
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    2003 Formula Student Champs!

Hi peoples
    I'm with the University fo Sydney F-SAE Team, and will be in the UK on holidays when the Formula Student competition is on. I have been informed that entrance for spectators is free. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If it isnt free, how do i get a ticket for sunday and monday???

Also any help with accomodation would be great!!

Hope UTA make it there, I've only seen them with there 2000 car when they came to Australia, I want to see their aero car in the flesh!
    Guy
    Sydney Uni

Should be free - they're charging the teams enough to enter the competition!!

Look forward to seeing you there.

The entrance will be free for sure.

About the accomodation there's a not expensive chance at the University of Leicester, I don't know if it is available for everyone.
    Otherwise you can find a B&B cheaper.
    See you there.

Firenze Race Team V2

http://www.firenzerace.too.it

DUCATI POWER at the UniversitÃ* di Firenze
    Firenze Race Team V2
    http://www.firenzerace.too.it
    DUCATI POWER at the UniversitÃ* di Firenze

We will be there I am just finishing shipping arrangements and we're working out the other logistical details.

Dan Gurick
    Rensselaer Formula SAE
    Dan Gurick
    Rensselaer Formula SAE

Great to here that you guys are coming. We saw the entry fee before christmas and thought the competition might be a total farce through lack of entries. I have a feeling Cal Poly would have come if it hadn't been so expensive.

If anyone needs workshop space during the competition, we are likely to be returning to Birmingham each night rather than rough it in a field, contact me off the list. I know we've hosted UTA, Cal Poly and WWU in the past.

Ben
    -

Who else is staying at Leicester University??

Toronto is also just finishing off the shipping arrangements. We look forward to seeing all of the teams again! I know Ohio was still working out their shipping, is that all cleared up?

Does anyone know how early tire support will be there? If not, where there is a good place to swap out tires before the event?

Vinh

www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

There's BMTR in Birmingham. They're an Avon dealer. We could possibly grab some stuff from there if you needed it.

We've bought Hoosiers but are going to see if BMTR can mount them for us.

Not sure about tyre support at the event. The problem last year was that the guy from Yokohama was given the impression that a lot of people would buy tyres, whereas most teams only wanted to buy wets if it rained. When it did, he'd already gone.

Ben
    -

All we really need is tire changing facilities.... we're shipping in our own tires.

Anyone from UTA out there who can confirm their attendance?

Vinh

www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast