Well, I just did a little thinking. Our engine is 600cc, and is raced pretty hard at FSAE. Being around motorcycles for a long time, I've noticed that the factory motorcycle race teams always put on larger radiators. So, it made sense to not use a 600cc radiator, but pick one from a larger displacement sportbike. Most sportbike radiators are curved, but not all are. The '93-'94 Honda CBR900RR and '98-'00 Honda CBR1000XX radiators are flat. We used a XX radiator with 2 smaller puller style fans without any problems, and I believe we could go to 1 slightly larger fan. I just purchased another XX radiator off E-bay for $50. I love E-bay. I have not seen a RR radiator on E-bay, so good luck. The extreme sportbike guys crash those bikes A LOT making videos.

Yes, I do realize that there should be some analysis going into the cooling system design, but the testing proved that what we have works and holds any temperature we set in the ECU. More testing will prove if we can get rid of the weight of one fan. Cheap, aluminum and light, and it works. Well, only cheap if you get them used. The XX radiator is $500 from a dealer, and the RR radiator is $600.

Cyclone Racing
www.cyclone-racing.com/fhome.htm
Iowa State University
Project Director