+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What E-management system are you using

One of these? A different one? How do you like it?
    Simple Digital Systems
    Electromotive TEC-II, TEC-III
    Haltech
    Magnetec
    MegaSquirt
    Walbro
    Performance Electronics
    MoTec
    Hilborn
    Kinsler
    Enderle
    Lucas
    Holly

One of these? A different one? How do you like it?
    Simple Digital Systems
    Electromotive TEC-II, TEC-III
    Haltech
    Magnetec
    MegaSquirt
    Walbro
    Performance Electronics
    MoTec
    Hilborn
    Kinsler
    Enderle
    Lucas
    Holly

This is an old post, but I've got the same questions.

Some people have suggested to me that we switch to a Megasquirt, possibly with a Megajolt for ignition. We're not running traction control, launch control, data logging, etc, just the basics. Our current ECU is a Haltech E6K...kind of outdated but it runs the car (needs to be tuned bad). I know there are teams that run MoTec, Walbro, Electromotive...

I'm not too keen on the "build it yourself" idea of the Megasquirt (we do have an EE on the team though), would the $200 be worth it?
    Joel Schmidt

We've been using Performace Electronics controllers for about 6 years now, so I don't know what anything else is like, plus the engine is the part of our car I know the least about. But I have played around sometimes when we cant get the car started, and it is very easy to learn how to use. I think it is around $800. Their customer support is so good, that I can't really say enough about it. They are all ex-FSAE'ers, so they know what its like, and are more than willing to go the extra mile to help.
    Daniel Alford
    Bearcat Motorsports Alumni

You should add AEM to that list. We have ran SDS for the first 2 years and Motec that past 2 years and we are 95% sure that we will switch to AEM this year.
    Ricky
    Long Beach

The AEM system has been pretty quiet up to this point so I can see why it missed the list. One team ran it in '03 and 7 in '04. Highest overall finisher was Penn State.
    New for '05 is a smaller enclosure with available built in UEGO O2 sensor amplifier.
    The system is currently provided with base maps to be as close to plug and play as possible for a resticted F4i.
    link to more info
    Scott
    Superior Engine Technology
    Exclusive Supplier of AEM to FSAE
    Penn State FSAE 94-96

here at the University of Wisconsin we use a Mototron controller. It's very nice and robust.

www.mototron.com
    -If Steve McQueen had been chasing Eleanor, she never would have gotten away...

Lawrence Tech uses MoTec

Depending on which car we use the M400 and the M800

I like them alot but they do cost $$$. I havnt found one i like better yet. but if you looking to do well in the cost presentation, look elsewhere.
    Dan O
    Lawrence Tech University

We used Haltech. That piece of shit made me very angry. Since then Lehigh's been using Performance Electronics, which works much better...
    Lehigh Formula SAE 1999-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Angry Joe:
    We used Haltech. That piece of shit made me very angry. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard that quite often
    Dan O
    Lawrence Tech University

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast