+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FREE Brake Calipers/Pads

I have a pair of Tokico 4 piston calipers from a GSX-R 750 and a set of brand new brake pads for it. These are available for free (you pay shipping) to any team going to Detroit in 2004 with preferences going to first-year teams or teams that can convince me that they are underfunded.

I'm hoping that everyone already has their designs done but in case your team still doesn't have brake calipers, these are available.

Nam Tran,
    University of California Irvine

I have a pair of Tokico 4 piston calipers from a GSX-R 750 and a set of brand new brake pads for it. These are available for free (you pay shipping) to any team going to Detroit in 2004 with preferences going to first-year teams or teams that can convince me that they are underfunded.

I'm hoping that everyone already has their designs done but in case your team still doesn't have brake calipers, these are available.

Nam Tran,
    University of California Irvine

Nam,
    We paid our $600 registration dues, but can't really pay for much else at this point.
    Our sponsorship team is working hard on refining our sponsorship materials, and contacting companies but we're not really getting much support.
    UCSD isn't a first year Formula SAE school, but we're all first year formula sae team members. (hasn't been a team at ucsd since the year 2000).

We're all very committed but not very organized yet. No real brake designs yet; it will most likely be limited by what we can acquire.

We could probably make our own stuff.. but too bad the school is reluctant, to say the least, to let us do anything besides turn screwdrivers on their grounds. (and you still have to do a safety training seminar and sign waivers for that )

Being in California, I can most likely pick it up sometime, schedule permitting.

E-mail me at CLWang@ucsd.edu. I'd also be interested in stopping by your shop/garage/build area to check it out.
    -Charles
    College is a fountain of knowledge . . .
    and the students are there to drink.

Nam

Let me serve as a confirmation for Daygo - We need the calipers!

Micah

Micah Bayless
    President
    UCSD SAE
    858 534-6277
    mbayless@ucsd.edu

Nam, we are a team from Venezuela, we intend to go to detroit in 2005, we've just bougth our engine, and have some preliminary designs of the chasis usind CAD software, that's about all the work we've done. Also our team is desinging the sponsorship proposal, so we are already on the move, we're really interested, please let us know, email us at fsae-luz@cantv.net.

Thanks.

Simon Suarez
    FSAE-LUZ
    Maracaibo, Venezuela

+ Reply to Thread