+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race Engine Technology Magazine

Hi all, the Winter edition of Race Engine Technology lobbed into my mailbox today.
    There is a lengthy article in there (part 2) by Dr. Gordon Blair and one W. Melvin Cahoon called 'Catching Breath', the subject of which is the induction behaviour of an engine with an inlet restrictor.
    In the article they are discussing a 1000cc 4 cylinder engine with an inlet restrictor of 27.5mm and speeds up to 15,000rpm, not exactly FSAE, but close enough for the information to be extremely pertinant.
    RET is a quarterly publication by the Race Tech magazine people and availably only by subscription AFAIK.
    PDR

The older I get, the faster I was.

Hi all, the Winter edition of Race Engine Technology lobbed into my mailbox today.
    There is a lengthy article in there (part 2) by Dr. Gordon Blair and one W. Melvin Cahoon called 'Catching Breath', the subject of which is the induction behaviour of an engine with an inlet restrictor.
    In the article they are discussing a 1000cc 4 cylinder engine with an inlet restrictor of 27.5mm and speeds up to 15,000rpm, not exactly FSAE, but close enough for the information to be extremely pertinant.
    RET is a quarterly publication by the Race Tech magazine people and availably only by subscription AFAIK.
    PDR

The older I get, the faster I was.
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Hi Pat,

The mag is available over here at the Pitstop Bookshop, you can order it online at www.pitstop.net.au.
    Cheers
    Dave
    UWA Motorsport (and ex pitstop bookshop employee...)

www.motorsport.uwa.edu.au

any idea if this publication is availible in the USA ?? or maybe a link to the article. i am interested from both a Superbike and FSAE standpoint

Funh
    01 sv650 street / track
    Funh
    CCS #608
    01 sv650

It is available in the US, but only by subscription.

+ Reply to Thread