+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: can we used kers in your races for gaining speed ? if not can we use it ???

did you used kers in your races for gaining speed ? if not can we use it ??? tell me anyone whethr it canbe used or not ...

aniket
    team iit madras

so can wu use any regenerative energy source ???????? help plz clear my problm

Read the Rules!!!
    Lutz Dobrowohl
    2008-2011
    Raceyard Kiel

Now: Scruitineer, Design Judge, application engineer @Altair engineering

Whatever you do, do it hard!

Luniz has no idea what he is talking about.

YES you can use KERS. It's awesome...you should do it!

;-)

but in the rules book this is not specified !!!! plz help me ...bamajeff did you used this in your car ... i mean in fsae..??? if yess do reply me ...

Originally posted by neon spark:
    but in the rules book this is not specified !!!! plz help me ...bamajeff did you used this in your car ... i mean in fsae..??? if yess do reply me ...

You really should reread the rules, your answer is in there. If you are still confused you should submit a question to the rules committee this forum is not an official source of rules information. Demanding an answer will most likely result in unreliable sarcastic responses designed to make you even more confused .

Maybe its the eight hours of applied mathematics I have been studying, or it could be the four hours of fluids, but I am in a giving mood tonight. Straight out of the rule book under powertrain:

B8.1.4 Hybrid powertrains utilizing on-board energy storage are not allowed.

KERS is a hybrid system, so it is not allowed by the rules.
    Chris Noll
    UB Motorsports Formula SAE: RIP 1987-2010

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."- Jeremy Clarkson

do you thre are 2 forms of kers
    one that is used in f1 that provide a boost of 6-7 sec

another one is common that provide a boost of 3-4 sec ... dude kers is hybrid but .. lets say if i do not use kers but somthng that store energy and give it whn needed...this design is much diffenrt frm kers ...of f1 cars ..ok

Originally posted by neon spark:
    do you thre are 2 forms of kers
    one that is used in f1 that provide a boost of 6-7 sec

another one is common that provide a boost of 3-4 sec ... dude kers is hybrid but .. lets say if i do not use kers but somthng that store energy and give it whn needed...this design is much diffenrt frm kers ...of f1 cars ..ok
    What part of it's not allowed do you not understand??? Like I said if you really don't get it ask the rules committee.

B8.1.1 The engine(s) used to power the car must be four-stroke piston engine(s) with a displacement not exceeding 610 cc per cycle.
    B8.1.2 The engine can be modified within the restrictions of the rules.
    B8.1.3 If more than one engine is used, the total displacement cannot exceed 610 cc and the air for all
    engines must pass through a single air intake restrictor (see B.8.6, “Intake System Restrictor.”)
    B8.1.4 Hybrid powertrains utilizing on-board energy storage are not allowed.

Alright man, read the rules. No hybrid powertrains. That means no batteries, no flywheels to give you a burst of speed later, no anything that provides forward acceleration to the vehicle besides the engine and gravity. If you want to do that kinda stuff, go to Formula Hybrid.
    Chris Noll
    UB Motorsports Formula SAE: RIP 1987-2010

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."- Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast