+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Q for participants of Road and Track Test at comp

V2,

Go to RoadandTrack.com and search for "Formula SAE" in their search bar. You will see two articles pop up. I think there is a cartoonish track map there.

- Erick

FSAE ('99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '??)
    - Erick

FSAE ('99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05 pit stop '07)
    FSAE Australasia '00
    FSAE Japan '04

anyone else think R&T should open this up to all the teams? i understand they pick the fastest cars out of the autocross, right? but it would be cool for other schools to have a chance to see what their car can do in the test.

it only takes 40 seconds too...
    Adam R. Reinke
    Northern Illinois University FSAE '02 '03 '04
    BorgWarner Turbo Systems '04 - Current

R&T picks the 5 cars with the best combined score from autocross, acceleration, and skidpad.

If R&T allowed more teams to participate, it would definitley give the competing teams and the event more press exposure. University management would appreciate that when signing checks to build the car.

Chris
    Bear Motorsports
    Mercer FSAE

The competition is held Sunday morning, before the awards banquet. Allowing all teams to participate would be impossible, and seeing as they aren't even giving 2 full pages in the article to begin with, it wouldn't mean more press exposure either.

It would be nice to see maybe 10 cars, but that's about it. Even though we've never made it, I do like thier selection process.

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE
    5th Overall Detroit 2003
    ? Overall Aussie 2003.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Charlie, i wasn't saying every teams results should be published...maybe the top 20? but it would be nice to compare numbers to each, other then the dynamic events we run at competition. the events do test the car's performance, but its not tested the same as most people relate to cars performance. skidpad, 0-60, braking, etc.

~Adam
    Adam R. Reinke
    Northern Illinois University FSAE '02 '03 '04
    BorgWarner Turbo Systems '04 - Current

The event is unorganized as it is. They barely explained what was going on or wha the drivers were supposed to do. I don't think R&T would want to spend the time to organize an event larger than it already is.

I think that magazines other than R&T should be doing tests like R&T's. Grassroots Motorsports Magazine seems like it would have a perfect reader base for such a test. It would also be a good reader base for the kind of sponsors FSAE cars generally have. I would also like to see a comparison test where teams are allowed to take off the restrictors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2