+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: event gallery

here are some of my pictures from the fsae-a event. ive got a ton more, and they are better quality too. if you are interested i can email them to you. send an email to gwboyd at senet dot com dot au with what photos you would like. please dont ask for them all, cause there is 650mb of them...

Uni WA saw the dust on the track and took the rally approach to corners (this corner is supposed to be going to the left, like the chalk lines go) (okay, i admit it, this was a spin here, but never let the truth get in the way of a funny comment, hey? and they did drive like it was a rally)

Monash sweeping the track of dust.

it was a little bit dusty:

Uni of Newcastle's 4wd front driveshaft. too bad this car didnt get going, it would have been very interesting.

my uni, Adelaide:

the senic location of the presentation event

the welcoming gates of dustville...

i was having sympathy tilt when i took this photo...

Deakin uni. interesting looking car, but had massive problems with understeer.

- the problem with the world is stupidity. i'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety lables off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

here are some of my pictures from the fsae-a event. ive got a ton more, and they are better quality too. if you are interested i can email them to you. send an email to gwboyd at senet dot com dot au with what photos you would like. please dont ask for them all, cause there is 650mb of them...

Uni WA saw the dust on the track and took the rally approach to corners (this corner is supposed to be going to the left, like the chalk lines go) (okay, i admit it, this was a spin here, but never let the truth get in the way of a funny comment, hey? and they did drive like it was a rally)

Monash sweeping the track of dust.

it was a little bit dusty:

Uni of Newcastle's 4wd front driveshaft. too bad this car didnt get going, it would have been very interesting.

my uni, Adelaide:

the senic location of the presentation event

the welcoming gates of dustville...

i was having sympathy tilt when i took this photo...

Deakin uni. interesting looking car, but had massive problems with understeer.

- the problem with the world is stupidity. i'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety lables off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

Curtin's front left suspension collapsing.

4ws from Uni Newcastle:

what does winning fsae-a and fsae get you? well, a team umbrella to begin with...

this is what happens when oil gets on a hot exhaust. too bad i didnt get the actual flames, they were pretty big.

more of WA's rally driving, but no spin this time. im annoyed i missed the flames this car spat, i dont know how i missed them, the flames were there every second corner!

oh sexy baby, will you come home with me?

boohoohoo... poor cars, all alone out there...

[This message was edited by gug on December 08, 2003 at 03:37 AM.]
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

make the cone pay for the time it costs you!

heres a few pics of mine

Adelaide Uni (nice work guys for a consistant effort hopefully we can improve on this next year)

i think this was Deakin Uni

Uni of QLD, one of my favorites
    Well done guys

mmmm the simplicity of Chalmers

Melbourne Uni (not sure)

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

[This message was edited by RaID on December 08, 2003 at 08:18 AM.]
    04 Adelaide Uni FSAE Team

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

Rocheseter (RIT)

the autocross front car i think is Uni of Sydney

QLD powering ahead in Autocross

Sexy WA rear end

The Winners Georgia Tech, nice work guys

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

couple more

the Gong

zhe Germans (sorry cant remember their name)

sorry for not remebering every ones name,
    they all get mixed so much to look at on the day
    you cant register all of it

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

"Pain is an illusion"
    TOOL

Hey you got any pics of the one with the solid rear axle??? Just wondering what it looked like. Congrats to every one who was able to run.

"A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

Nobody is born with a steering wheel or a gear shift in his hand. It's something you choose to do or you don't.
    Mario Andretti (1977)
    "A woman is a lot like a beer, they look good, smell good, and you would run over your own mother to get one." Homer Simpson

With all due respect to Chalmers - it's a great little car - but how is their roll hoop legal. The photo in gug's second post in this thread shows a clearly below regulation clearance between the driver's helmet and the line between the roll hoops.

Either they scrutineered with a shorter driver - i.e. in breach of the rule which states the tallest driver must be in for this test, or they've seated the driver totally differently for that test which is surely outside the spirit of the regs.

I'm sure we could all design lighter cars if we removed some roll hoop tubes, but that's not exactly fair is it.

Ben

University of Birmingham
    www.ubracing.co.uk
    -

Hmmmmm... I had a burning feeling that I had seen Chalmers' car before. Then I remembered why it was so familiar:

Nice homage, I'm sure Dan Gurney would be proud. One question: Is the body constructed of magnesium??

Lacy Lodmell
    Vandals Racing
    University of Idaho FSAE
    Lacy Lodmell
    University of Idaho - Vandal Racing Alum 2003

Current bubblehead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast