+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cost report

well if somebody is willing to sell their cost report them mail me at adityaduggal@hotmail.com

Just our of curiosity, why would you want to buy someone elses cost report? It would be completely worthless for you car, not to mention it was due a few weeks ago....

2002/2003 Team Leader
    Best overall average finish of the new millenium

Would be a good idea to read others for competitive intelligence reasons...which is also why you're not likely to have many sellers. A good cost report has a lot of information in it - not only cost. Ours is the closest thing to a full plan on how to build our car that we have.

You'll be better suited asking for specific input on how to prepare a cost report vs. asking for a full and complete one.

---
    Cornell Racing
    http://fsae.mae.cornell.edu

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the cost report rules? I think that the major thing that the judges should set out are a few more rules on the cost of certian items. For example...assembly time, how long does it take to install a screw? How do you really determine how long your suspension takes to assemble? I know that if we actually charged for how long it takes us to install everything the first time it would be enormous....mainly due to the large amount of time devoted to discussions (aka: bullshitting). The other thing is charging for milling and lathe work. I think that it should be a certian charge based on the amount of material removed, because the facilities at each univeristy are so different. At the U of C we use a spreadsheet that has all of the recommended cutting speeds, feed rates, MRR, etc......for our machines, but it seemed to give really unrealistic results. I realize that carbide cutters are very high speed, but tou have to charge something for facing operations etc.... As well, how much do teams charge per set-up or toolchange (Or do other teams?)? Anyway, what is everyones thoughts on this. I think that more cost rules would result in a much more even comparision.

Brent

www.ucalgary.ca/fsae

Frank, gotta luv those indy pics

Agreed with the Indy pics.

As for material removal rates, an excellent idea. Standardizes the process. We do this implicitly anyway.

---
    Cornell Racing

I really think standardiztion of MRR is a key idea, because right now it is very unstanderdized. What is everyones currnet position on set-up charges? we charged about $1 US per set-up needed, and our total cost was abouyt 15000 US. How many other teams charge for this?

Brent

www.ucalgary.ca/fsae

$1 per setup is understandable, but 15,000 setups?

---
    Cornell Racing

Thats what the car cost out as Jonesy

Kevin Hall
    University of Saskatchewan
    Engine Guy in Need of Help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast