+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do you Drive?

I too was part of the DSM crowd.

I had a 92 Eclipse GSX for a few years until I was forced to sell it.

Now I'm driving a 2002 Accord. It has four doors, 4 wheels, and an air freshener.

As soon as my tax return comes I will be buying another 1G DSM.

Nam Tran, Team Leader
    University of California Irvine

This is my car.

No, not the Ferrari the old, white 1964 Holden behind it. Holden is the Australian arm of GM. A nice old cruzer. Also doing a mild kustom job on a '63 falcon.

Anyone out there into rods and kustoms?
    Scott

Regards,

Scott Wordley & Roan Lyddy Meaney
    Monash FSAE Wingmen
    http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~fsae

Bob Wright is busy trying to get his fully restored Mini Cooper S registered right now so I thought I'd blow his reputation out of the water by posting this pic for him.

Regards,

Scott Wordley & Roan Lyddy Meaney
    Monash FSAE Wingmen
    http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~fsae

Right now its a 1981 VW rabbit pickup with a passat 2L16V engine (winter car)

My summer car is an 81 VW Scirocco (MKI) 2.0L 16V with custom EFI, cams, header, port and polished 1.8 head, lightened flywheel, oil cooler, close ratio tranny with quaife differential, poly susp bushings, race springs/shocks. Makes 135hp/135ftlb at the wheels. Weighs less than 2000lbs too.

I like it because it's a super sporty German car (thanks to some modifications) with a great Italian body design. Best of both worlds. VW dropped the Italian designer for the MKII, and I don't find it as attractive.

Ben Beacock
    Chassis Design and Technical Coordinator
    Gryphon Racing - University of Guelph

86 Pontiac Fiero (need a mid-engined car to train for FSAE)
    90 Honda CRX (cheap and gets good mileage)

The CRX is still kickin

My daily driver is my yellow 1970 Chevy C/10 pickup; 290,000 miles on the 350 and still going strong. The fair weather ride is the 1967 Chevelle seen here:

Lacy's Chevelle

The page is about a year and a half out of date, but that's the old girl.

Lacy

Lacy Lodmell
    University of Idaho FSAE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
    I drive a '85 Golf 5-door 1.8 8v Turbo. I'm also waiting for my new ZX-6RR race bike to show up to show up. http://users.accesscomm.ca/speedstarracing/my_car_3.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Spike, that is one nice dub... and with a turbo to boot! I was planning on reviving a mk2 Golf or Jetta, but along came a free Porsche 924S. I couldn't resist and said yes to the offer. (honestly, did you think I'd say no?) I should become it's official owner sometime this summer. It needs a little TLC, but it has enormous potential. An added bonus: no accidents or major rust.

Andris Kanins
    McGill Racing Team - Body Design

A 1993 Honda Accord DX. MT, A/C, and that is about it for luxury! Paid $2750 for it in Jan. 2001. Only has had one crippling problem - the clutch slave cylinder went out, of course while I was on vacation far from where I could repair it! Why do I drive this car - cheap, very cheap, and very reliable. Plus, since it is still worth about $4000 on the retail market, it's kind of an investment!

Oh, it'll get about 32mpg on the highway, but the way I drive it around town it only seems to get about 23mpg, go figure!

-Chris

Surprised I haven't heard it listed yet.
    '87 Volvo Turbo Sedan...plenty of room for you, 4 friends and plenty of stuff comfortably. And when you are driving alone, plenty fast to leave those riceburner boys scratching their heads as a 3500 lb Volvo (a couple more lbs than an SAE car) runs right by them.

New to the board, by my screen name you can tell i drive a 98 Lazer Red Mustang Cobra. Slightly modified. Gots some new things in the works, a 351 W in the garage and possibly a 67 stang on the way.

William Austin
    ODU Motorsports
    Chassis/Suspension/Control
    Team Leader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast