+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 FSAE-A

Does anybody know where and when the 2004 FSAE-A competition is? From the front page of this site it has a "days till" so I'm wanting to know if this has been set.

Does anybody know where and when the 2004 FSAE-A competition is? From the front page of this site it has a "days till" so I'm wanting to know if this has been set.
    If water feels like concrete at 100kph, what does concrete feel like?

The SAE-A has not set a venue yet. The word earlier this year is that they are trying to find a venue to hold it an permanently somewhere within Victoria.
    Cheers
    Steve

I also think the "days till" might be wrong too. They might be holding it one week later next year, too close to exams otherwise.

I'm assuming Mr. Kiwi FSAE is one of the delightful chaps we met at the Wellington Caravan Park? If so, hope the trip back was fine. Thanks for the beers mate, they were put to good use!

Cheers,

Geoff Pearson
    RMIT FSAE 2003

Design it. Build it. Drive it into a tree.
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

were ford taking care of it? thats what i heard, although probably not at their testing track, which is just outside of gelong btw.

- the problem with the world is stupidity. i'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety lables off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

Hi Guys,

I heard from Rob Chadwick that there are two possible venues under discussion. Unfortunately one is the stinking, small, cramped piece of crap venue in Carrum that played host to the worst FSAE competition in history in 2002, and the other is Sandown International race way in Melbourne.

Sandown would be a great venue as it is in the middle of town, and would hence be able to attract a significant amount of visitors. It is also two minutes from our uni!! It is yet to be confirmed though.

The SAE-A people know that Carrum is a very poor venue and are doing all they can to use Sandown (or the carpark behind the track more specifically).

Either way, the preference is for the comp. to be held in Melbourne in order to attract the large number of volunteers required to make the event possible.

Hope that helps with planning.

Cheers guys. We need to get some est. prices for shipping and travel, so it helps to know.

Sorry Geoff not the same guy but they were our spies I think.

[This message was edited by Kiwi FSAE on December 09, 2003 at 02:41 AM.]
    If water feels like concrete at 100kph, what does concrete feel like?

+ Reply to Thread