+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Motors looking to recruit FSAE students

General Motors looking to recruit FSAE students.

We are looking for ME or EE majors graduating in 2011 / 2012 for summer internships.
    We are also looking for ME major graduating in 2010 for full time positions.

Please send your resume to: gm.fsae@gmail.com by November 6th, 2009.

Thanks!!

General Motors looking to recruit FSAE students.

We are looking for ME or EE majors graduating in 2011 / 2012 for summer internships.
    We are also looking for ME major graduating in 2010 for full time positions.

Please send your resume to: gm.fsae@gmail.com by November 6th, 2009.

Thanks!!

Why are you using a gmail account? I don't know why GM would use a gmail instead of their typical online application process.
    Portland State - 2009-11
    Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek. - Mario Andret

99% sure this is a fake. Better report it.

Dont be desperate and try and email this person without them providing you a company email.

If its too good to be true, it probably is. The person will probably ask you to fill out an app with your social security number and then there goes your identity.
    University of Houston
    Cullen College of Engineering Alum

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anvit Garg:
    The person will probably ask you to fill out an app with your social security number and then there goes your identity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops....

Best,
    Drew

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

Alba Colon from GM Racing WAS recruiting for GM last Saturday at the Detroit Section's FSAE Workshop.

I am checking whether the post is legit. I'll let you know.

I have just had a note back from Alba Colon. (Many of you will recognize her as the Event Captain for Tilt, Brake and Practice at the FSAE Michigan event.) The g mail account and address are legitimate. She was not going to hand out her regular GM e-mail address (obvious reasons), so set up the g mail account so that the responses did not get lost in the GM system and so that she could look at them all.

Once you get to know the GM corporate email address protocal, you will understand why one would not post it to the world. The spamsters inundate the system with fake emails and requests for everything from jobs to food, to free cars to Nascar drivers, and other undesireable and unwanted activity. Getting 300 - 400 emails a day can be bothersome, especially if ONE happens to be about your healthcare enrollment and you miss it...

For the full time positions: Are international applications accepted or only US citizens?

+ Reply to Thread