+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who's going to the SAE Motorsports Conference

I'm heading to at least a couple days of the SAE Motorsports Conference in Indanapolis. I think it's Dec 2nd-5th.

Anyway, I have no money, am planning on driving up 11 hours straight. If anyone else is interested in splitting a hotel room for the conference, shoot me an email. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm about to make reservations but I'll wait a couple days.

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE 1999-present

I'm heading to at least a couple days of the SAE Motorsports Conference in Indanapolis. I think it's Dec 2nd-5th.

Anyway, I have no money, am planning on driving up 11 hours straight. If anyone else is interested in splitting a hotel room for the conference, shoot me an email. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm about to make reservations but I'll wait a couple days.

-Charlie Ping
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

I got a hotel of my own for Tuesday night. It is a block away from the conference. If anyone is interested it has an empty bed and I would definitely split costs with another FSAE team member. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Charlie Ping
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Cornell and OSU are going and will be exhibiting their cars at the conference...Anyone who is going is encouraged to drop by and chat. Looking forward to it myself, nice change of scenery.

Bill Riley and Al George, Cornell 1999 chassis team leader and faculty advisor respectively, will be delivering a technical session on chassis development in FSAE racecars on Monday. Check the schedule for more information. Bill's work has been instrumental in optimization of space frame design, and he's a nice guy to boot. And Al George is, as I've noted elsewhere, one of the wisest people I know. And I don't just say that because he's on my dissertation committee and thus controls my destiny on this planet. If you're going, it's worth attending.

Charlie, wish we could help you out, but sounds like we're going to be sleeping competition-style as is (i.e., eight to a room, shh, don't tell the hotel staff...) so floor space is at a premium and beds will be acquired via no-holds barred streetfights in the parking lot. Or drawing straws, we're not sure yet.
    ---
    Michael Jones
    Cornell Racing 2001-2005
    PhD Candidate, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information
    http://www.yafle.ca/fsae

I know what you mean about room space. I'll stop by on Tuesday and meet you guys.

Too bad I won't make it Monday, but the rest of the conference should be worth the trip.

-Charlie Ping
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

A girl from our school, who is a friend of the team, is going to be speaking on women in motorsports at the SAE conference. Her name is Erin Crocker and she is a professional sprint car driver, in addition to being a full time engineering student. RPI's admissions department is her title sponsor, and I believe she is going to have her car there. She has her own website now too, www.erincrocker.com.

www.formularpi.com
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
    Formula SAE '00 - '04
    Team Leader '01 - '03
    www.formularpi.com

Impressive...balancing a full racing series with school. That looks like an interesting panel - women in motorsports is a question that merits attention. Hope she brings the car too, sprint cars are always fun to look at.
    ---
    Michael Jones
    Cornell Racing 2001-2005
    PhD Candidate, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information
    http://www.yafle.ca/fsae

+ Reply to Thread