+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires

Any teams that used tires other than Hoosier or Goodyear, can you please contact me. Thanks

Barry Lenart
    blenart@visteon.com

Any teams that used tires other than Hoosier or Goodyear, can you please contact me. Thanks

Barry Lenart
    blenart@visteon.com

RMIT is going to use Dunlop 10 inche. If your after someone who uses 13 inche dunlop, have a talk to Scott Wordley from Monash.

We looked into the ten inch option and found it way too expensive, wheels from the states were way out of our budget. we're sticking with 13's. I guess you guys need 10's with a thumper for weight issues, Out of interest - where are you blokes getting wheels and tyres from??

Allthough it was a neat little car there was no way the tokyo denki car could fit the 95% percentile driver. It will be interesting to see just how compact your beast turns out!

Sam Graham
    Engine Group Leader 2003
    UQ Racing
    Sam (I've washed my hands!) Graham
    Ex - UQ Racing

About the Tokyo car not fitting a 95% percentile driver. At the US comp Justin, who is 6'3", got to sit in the car and his head was well under the 50mm clearance, which was a surprise to everyone. His feet did go past the pedals though.

Eddie Martin
    UOW Racing
    www.uow.edu.au/eng/racing

As disco said we use 6.5" and 8.5" dunlop 13s in an ungrooved wet compound. We've also tested the Avon Hillclimbers and Goodyears but found the dunlops were much better.

Regards,

Scott Wordley & Roan Lyddy Meaney
    Monash FSAE Wingmen
    http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~fsae
    Regards,

Scott Wordley

Scoring in every event for the last 12 comps running!
    http://www.monashmotorsport.com/

where are you blokes getting wheels and tyres from??

Allthough it was a neat little car there was no way the tokyo denki car could fit the 95% percentile driver. It will be interesting to see just how compact your beast turns out!

We're getting our tyres through Russell Stuckey (the Victorian Dunlop Motorsport distributor), I believe that's where the monash get their 13"from. I don't think we should have any trouble fitting in the 95th percentile driver. our cheif engineer, Geoff Pearson, is 6 foot 5 and we've been designing around him. If he wasn't such a good driver, we'd tell him to get stuffed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We looked into the ten inch option and found it way too expensive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of curiosity, why does a 10" wheel/tyre combo cost more than a 13" wheel/tyre combo?

I don't know how much the 13"are, but the 10"dunlops are around the $200AUS each.

Kodiak 10" wheels range from $88.00-$138.00 U.S., but their 13" wheels range from $277.00-$400.00. You can get 2 sets of 10" wheels for the price of 1 set of 13" wheels!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast