+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pat's Column

Pat,

Are you going to continue to write articles for the formula student site? I have been waiting for a new one since May. I really do enjoy them and find them useful, specially the design error of the month.

Pat,

Are you going to continue to write articles for the formula student site? I have been waiting for a new one since May. I really do enjoy them and find them useful, specially the design error of the month.

+1. I really enjoy reading them
    Saleem Merkt
    North Carolina State University
    WEEL Formula Hybrid Team Captain

+1 for me too. They are good to give to new guys and always remind the older guys of something and often give something new. Pat has been writing advice for FSAE for some time. It is worthwhile digging back through the FSAE-A newsletters where he used to do the same thing he now does for FSG.

Cheers

Olly
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

Hi Guys,
    Sorry if you are having withdrawal symptoms.
    When I got back from FSG in August, I found that a workmate was seriously ill. I have been picking up his workload and have hardly had time to scratch, let alone write a column.
    Of the last 9 weeks I have spent 7 interstate!

Now that the Solar Challenge is over (something that had me in the Northern Territory and Adelaide over the last couple of weeks) my workload is again under control so I will scratch my head and find something else to write about.

Cheers

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Pat, I don't know if you do requests, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the testing/tuning/development/validation stage if you're stuck for something to write about. It tends to be an area that doesn't receive anywhere near the same level of attention as the design/build phase in most discussions
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

Thanks for the idea Malcolm. I will see what I can do.

One of the challenges is to write an advice column that is useful to all, especially the beginners, without boring the socks off the experienced teams.

Cheers

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oz_olly:
    + It is worthwhile digging back through the FSAE-A newsletters where he used to do the same thing he now does for FSG.

Cheers

Olly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just went on the the site and it looks like they only have the current news letters available

I'll get our webmaster to post them on our website and then post the link back up here. Hopefully sort it out by the weekend.

Cheers

Olly
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast