+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Formula JSAE

Good Afternoon all,
    For those who may be interested, a variation on FSAE competition is being held at present by the JSAE at Fuji Speedway in Japan.
    I understand there are some 17 entrants, all from Japan.
    The Fuji Speedway, owned by Toyota, is the venue despite that facility being slated for demolition and redevelopment in the very near future.
    Initial reports are patchy, but I keep hearing rumours of poor organisation and a misunderstanding of the concept of Formula SAE.
    The event finishes on Saturday, so I would be interested to hear from anyone there who visits this website, and maybe even post some pictures
    PDR

Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength

Good Afternoon all,
    For those who may be interested, a variation on FSAE competition is being held at present by the JSAE at Fuji Speedway in Japan.
    I understand there are some 17 entrants, all from Japan.
    The Fuji Speedway, owned by Toyota, is the venue despite that facility being slated for demolition and redevelopment in the very near future.
    Initial reports are patchy, but I keep hearing rumours of poor organisation and a misunderstanding of the concept of Formula SAE.
    The event finishes on Saturday, so I would be interested to hear from anyone there who visits this website, and maybe even post some pictures
    PDR

The trick is ... There is no trick!

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ja_en&tt=url

there's some links from the MEIJO University Site

Regards All

Frank

I count 11 teams. The University of Toronto Formula SAE Shootout will be hosting over 15 schools and 18 cars. More info on another thread.

Vinh

University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    Vinh Pham
    Toronto FSAE Alumni 01-04
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca
    2003 Formula Student Champs!

wow Vinh, you managed to make that post sound absolutley nothing like an advertisement. but since it is for such a good cause i will forgive you.

was having a bit of a look at tokyo denki's site thru babelfish, see if you can understand anything about this story:

First chapter

The road to new Turkey
    Beginning!
    I echo run three say Takahashi who does the steering wheel & accounting charge of the machine. There being a meaning, because the column which I write, "the companion of load of the Turkey - circles -" with to publish it was not possible "the echo run member and second sections of Turkey of secret", publication "of the road to Turkey" of the echo run member being late considerably, you put away... m (_ _) m
    Well, it was time when new student enters. Now echo run three in the machine, it reached the stage whether it probably will enter into the detail design gradually. It is late more considerably than schedule... new student everyone, how our echo runs three joining to the member of the machine, you probably will aim toward victory be it is? Now being light-handedness, the ひ - the ひ - saying, it increases. How do you do!
    * Motor Vehicles Div. bean knowledge *
    Strange (reference civilian Kyushu boy "enclosure") of the Kagoshima valve
    て げ -> very enormous
    て げ て げ -> low approximately
    It is to come it is to come -> it has done lively young, glossily
    (So) put out it is -> so is, (don't you think?)
    The て it accompanies and -> is languid
    ぬ the っ -> (humidity raising) is thick
    Old boy -> lady
    And others - it shakes, -> the blackboard turning off
    Example
    A you
    "The あ -, the present ending げ て it accompanies, -"
    B you
    "The ほ it is with, the present て げ ぬ っ?",
    A you
    "The っ, the old boy there it is to come it is to come it has done! Being healed, - "
    B you
    "Your ほ it is with the old boy lover shelf -"
    A you
    "Put out - it is"
    B you
    "And others - it shakes,and others - it shakes!The て げ て げand others - it shakes! !"

the road to turkey.

im really interested, what was a japanese team doing in turkey?

- if it isnt coming, you need a bigger tool.
    - ARC '04 member (now retired ) - Bling Bling Competition winners FSAE-A '04 (and design winners)

gug,

he has been bitten by a drop bear..
    what he's trying to say is...

"The team "bush-turkeys" are all powerful, we can't beat them, don't even try"

nah seriously.. i think you got to be careful you're not getting literal interpretations of names happening..

they have wonderful literal interpretations.. like plentiful, peaceful one, etc etc

regardless, it seems Babel fish just ain't up to the task, especially with informal speech

regards
    Frank

http://www.uq.edu.au/fsae/

Hello all

We finished Formula J-SAE yesterday.
    I write down result of this event.

place team
    1 Sophia Univ.
    2 Kokushikan Univ.
    3 The Univ. of Tokyo
    4 Kanazawa Insitute of Technology
    5 Utsunomiya Univ.
    6 Knazawa Univ.
    7 Nihon Univ. College of Science and Technology
    8 Meijyo Univ.
    9 Tokyo denki Univ.
    10 Kanazawa Institute of Technology
    11 Tokyo Metropolitan College of Aeronautical Engineering
    12 Nagoya Insitute of Technology
    13 Musashi Insitute of Technology
    14 Doshisha Univ.
    15 Keio Univ.
    16 Nihon Univ. College of Industrial Technology
    17 Osaka Univ.

Regards

Akira Niijima
    Tokyo Denki Univ.
    Drive Train leader
    00sn081@ed.ccs.dendai.ac.jp
    sorry, Japanese only

Here is a link to thier official site (translated)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...a%2Findex.html

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE
    5th Overall Detroit 2003
    ? Overall Aussie 2003.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Here are 2 videos from the first Japanese car to come to the states. It was a huge beast of a caar (but it had reverse )

http://www.jsae.or.jp/movie/2001/fsae01b.ram
    http://www.jsae.or.jp/movie/2001/fsae02b.ram

In regards to the Japanese vehicle's performance, I think it is tough to compare them to FSAE-A, or even Formula Student. They have a language barrier Australia & most of Europe don't have. They probably don't gain a lot from the english websites or forums.

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE
    5th Overall Detroit 2003
    ? Overall Aussie 2003.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Thank you Akira,
    Can you write a small report on the event for us? You have been to Australia and Detroit. How did the event compare? What was the standard of entries? How many teams finished?
    See you in Adelaide
    Pat

The trick is ... There is no trick!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast