+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Minutes

Meeting Minutes Sept 30

All members have profiles ready for next week's meeting(description and picture also:favourite food, favourite colour,turn ons, turn offs, measurements etc..)
    All members sign onto FSAE forum and email chale@engr.uvi... ASAP
    Team Structure was handed out; still have positions to fill
    UV04 projects were oulined and are displayed on the 'Changes to be made UV04' string.
    Team leaders post projects for Armando

Testing<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>scheduled for Oct 10, 10am
    <LI>Need at least 6 people to attend(Pat, James, Tifenn, Mike, Hayden so far)
    <LI>Testing will be with body on
    <LI>James has 30 city cones,garage has 10 small cones
    <LI>Pat is finding setup sheet
    <LI>Gordon Dash at security supplied the safety vests for the bugpush
    <LI>Hayden is picking up a hitch for the big trailer at Lordco
    <LI>Need to reinsure the small trailer
    <LI>Need car safety inspectors(Pat,Hayden..)[/list]
    Shop access same as last year<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>no access while classes are on unless direct permission from Robney<LI>must sign in and out, machine used etc.
    <LI>check with team leader before going[/list]
    UV02<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>frame is tacked
    <LI>suspension will be mounted this weekend
    <LI>frame needs to be weighed
    <LI>will cover in rear of frame if it looks bad[/list]
    UV03<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>wiring is done
    <LI>intake and throttle are done
    <LI>spindle machining will be done this week by Armando and if not, next week by Camosun
    <LI>Physics David can do spinle welding
    <LI>Steve is working on steering wheel[/list]

Pat is calling Jeff Strosher about Lordco acct.
    Pat is doing this month's newsletter

I will be mailing cam a CD with 9 large images which include 4 sponsor pictures each. This will cut the setup time down a lot and should make things easier for Cam.

Colin

I see that I need to pay attention to the forum a little more often. Thanks for the publicity there Colin.

Steve

----
    Visit Formula UVic at
    http://uvic.fsae.ca

----
    Visit Formula UVic at
    http://uvic.fsae.ca

Steve - where was your vote!?

Tifenn,

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the spacer thing. Pat explained that it is accounted for.

Hayden

October 7 Meeting Minutes

A door was found open at the garage. Remember to check them when you leave.

Everyone can sign onto the FSAE forum now. just use ID:uvicfsae and password:BicMack. please do it asap.

Tifenn and Pat are going to organize the ftp site. To access it go to ftp://sirius.uvic.ca and ID:fsae and pass: BigMack.

UV02 update: welding will be finished this weekend. should be ready for display by the 17th.

UV03 update: The tip sensor of the bike was responsible for the lack of spark and fuel but there are still two injectors that dont work. The spindles are being done thurs and fri night so hopefully the car can run for testing.

Testing: Testing procedure TBA. The testing tech team that will ensure the car is ready to go is : Pat, Giles, Hayden and Duncan. Duncan has a name of someone at the Youbeau track.

Urgent Projects: Order ECU, Sponsorship brochure on ftp; please comment asap. Leaders organize some jobs you need done.

Newsletter: every 23rd of the month team leaders must submit a blurb. New member Rob is putting it together.

Jeff applied for lordco acct.

Team leader meetings at 2pm fridays in the small design lab.

Rob is also going to do the display across from the design lab but he needs some stuff to put in it.

Detriot Truck: Clayton possibly has a line from an old job at Hayes. Uhaul in N.Van carries 15 pass. vans but need trailer brakes.

Money: Uvic acct is $-23000 Cibc acct has 100+ 2500 from rich.

Pat is talking to Scott Payne about club stuff.

Please post requests for team paraphenalia so Tifenn and Erin can get some stuff made.

Oct 17-18 showing both cars: Need people to sign up for displaying.

Interviews start next week

Please read revised rules to see if roll hoop needs to be changed.

regarding ecu - let me know when we have cash and I'll make some phone calls.

Sponsorship brochure - I will have the latest version up soon. Been too busy at work to think about it.

Did Rich donate money or are we still owing? THe cibc account statement above is confusing.

October 14 Meeting Minutes

Great job by all in the garage on Saturday!

UV04 Update: The engine runs!! Yipee. Spindles will be done by friday: Armando is machining in the mornings and eric will do the dutchman pins in the physics shop, David will weld them. We need a steering wheel and some wiring may need to be done for shifting in order to test this weekend.

UV02 Update: We have a rolling chassis that weighs 260lb. The rear section still needs to be boxed in with some plastic found in the haunted house behind the garage.

Newsletter: Team leaders please get some material ready for the next newsletter. Get 50 printed

We had great exposure from the Eng. department website

Website: What happened to our helper? Still need some member profiles or they will be made for you.

Need to get money from Richard to order new ECU.

Testing is on for this weekend: Testing people need to check weather, and car for safety. Hayden checked the car over on Saturday but it should get a once over before it drives.

Interviews will start next week

Dont forget about the open house this friday and sat. We need people for testing and display on saturday.

Tifenn is going through the kennametal stuff to see what we need to order. Any requests?

Hayden wants a dyno for christmas

Rob is researching putting an insert in the Martlet.

Please find some stuff you want to put in the display case for Rob.

Garage needs to be tidied up a little which includes putting the 96 engine on the orange rolling stand and unbolting the ugly one from the floor.

Duncan is now the new chief sparky (Electrical team Leader), taking over for the mysterious Steve.

Devon is the Ergo/Cockpit team leader so he gets to take the captains' crap. He and James are working on a pedal box design and ideas for a new seat. Good luck boys!

October 21 Meeting minutes

We have a 10 X 10 booth at the consumer electronics show Nov 1-2 location TBA. Please sign up, we need peole to set up/down and to tend the booth. Sign up sheet will be at the next meeting. There will be a Porsche Cayenne there as well as an M3 plus some good possible coneections/opportunities.

Team leaders prepare timelines and blurb for newletter for friday meeting at Tifenn's house. Meet in the lobby at 1:30.

On talking to the press: if you are not sure what you are talking about please direct them to someone who does. To help, Rob is making up a fact sheet.

Emile is doing some sketches of our new wheel centres but need some dims and weight goals.

Lots of people signed up for tesintg on Saturday. Thanks alot.

UV02: need to fill tires somehow and need some flat black paint.

Justin is making a toe in gauge for saturday.

Please have your profiles ready for next meeting as there will be a webpage meeting after the general meeting.

Erin is working on the letterhead.

Interviews will continue next week, glad to meet you!

See you saturday

Regarding the seat - check out kart seats, we talked to the guys at F440 about those after the comp and we can probably get a reasonable price on one... maybe even a demo to use temporarily for fitting.

I will be contacting a shop in Victoria that has a chassis dyno. I'm hoping to get a good rate on dyno time and just get some information on preparation. I'll report on my findings asap.

I am going to contact Brian at PE and get a quote for our FI system. Only thing I need is the part numbers for the Denso ign coils - again, can someone get those numbers for me? (Off the 2002 engine).

If we have already received the $2500 from Rich, could I get reimbursed for the registration fee? It was $824.74 cdn.

Thanks,
    Colin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast