+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ack, BOM in Cost Report

So, the 2004 rules still have the maximum 10 page per section.

I'm sure many people have problems with this rule when compiling the BOM and conforming to the format stated in Appendix A-4.

We had three sections that exceeded 10 pages and required some alterations to the format in Appendix A-4 to conform to the 10 page per section rule.

Changing that rule to 12 or 13 pages from 10 pages would help out greatly... so who agrees with me on this one?

So, the 2004 rules still have the maximum 10 page per section.

I'm sure many people have problems with this rule when compiling the BOM and conforming to the format stated in Appendix A-4.

We had three sections that exceeded 10 pages and required some alterations to the format in Appendix A-4 to conform to the 10 page per section rule.

Changing that rule to 12 or 13 pages from 10 pages would help out greatly... so who agrees with me on this one?

We never came close to 10 pages for just the BOM. What kind of formatting are you using?

-Charlie Ping
    Auburn University FSAE
    5th Overall Detroit 2003
    ? Overall Aussie 2003.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

We may have the same problem. It looks like we'll be going over the 10 page limit for some sections. Somewhere else in the rules it mentions that they will only look at the first 80 pages submitted. My guess is that some sections will be more than 10 pages and others will be less, balancing out to 80 or so.

The only section we've had issues with is engine/drivetrain, since there are about 40 parts in there.

On that note, what is this stuff about end parts? Are they referring to the list in the back, or something else?

Nice to see they're clarifying process description requirements some.

Not happy to see the regimented BOM, but I guess it's a good idea rather than have a billion alternative formats. I still prefer our format. Looks better, a lot less extranenous information and a lot more potentially useful information if you ask me.

---
    Michael Jones
    Coordinator, Student Project Teams, College of Engineering

Cornell Racing
    http://fsae.mae.cornell.edu
    ---
    Michael Jones
    Cornell Racing 2001-2005
    PhD Candidate, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information
    http://www.yafle.ca/fsae

+ Reply to Thread