+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SVSU Grand Prix

I had an email from Claude this morning, but no response to my request for a FSAE seminar date. I responded to him again asking for information and yesterday I emailed Donna at MoTeC seeking the same info.
    Soon as I have the info I will post it
    PDR

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

I didn't have any information about that seminar as I wasn't planning to attend. I just know everyone was talking about it being soon after the competition.

Brent

www.ucalgary.ca/fsae

We will be there. I can't think of anything at the moment that will stop us.

I think there is about seven other teams going, it should be a really good event.

Hopefully some more teams sign up.

Regards
    Eddie Martin
    UOW Racing
    University of Wollongong

I don't think Auburn (not U of Auburn) will be attending, we considered it but our advisor is not too keen on the idea. I might be in town for the event and would like to hang out and get a closer look at the cars.

The latest email attachment showed us as registered attendees, I asked to be updated on the situation but we never committed and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't assume, our advisor was not pleased...
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Charlie-

Sorry, we made your advisor mad but we just tentatively listed all teams that showed stronger interest. Why don't you talk to your advisor again. Housing is free and the event is run by the local SCCA sanction, therefore insured and there will be no wheel-to-wheel racing, just autocross style - one car at a time. Well except for the elimination challenge, where two cars run simultaneously on two seperate but identical tracks. Maybe your advisor can give our advisor a call and they can chat. For everyone that signs up before the FSAE '04 event, we will be able to provide housing free of charge, but we will also accept late entries during the competition.

Walbro Engine Management will be one of the big sponsors there. We will supply cool prices like an ECU, some in-tank fuel pump assemblies and some Walbro High Performance polo shirts. Should SVSU win any of the events we will of course forfeit and hand the prices down to the runners-up.

I hope to see a bunch of you guys there. If it turns out to be loads of fun, we will make this an annual event!
    Daniel Deussen
    www.weber-motor.de
    Saginaw Valley State University Alum
    Cardinal Formula Racing '99 - '05
    FSAE: 6th in '02 and 8th in '05
    FSG: Member of the Operative Team (Scrutineering, Dynamics)

At our next team meeting we will bring up the possibility. I encourage teams to try and attend and I don't mean to detract from the competition, I just think our attendance is very unlikely at this point.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

ALL...

There have been new developments in the SVSU GP.

Click Below For The Document

SVSU Grand Prix Event Information

Below is the e-mail our advisor sent to the current participants of the SVSU GP.

-------
    SVSU GP Participants,

Great news. I have secured the last piece of the puzzle. The SVSU GP is confirmed and official! There has been a slight change in the format. Please see attached. The fee is $50 per team and $20 for each additional driver up to 3. Only one driver can compete in the GP tournament. The GP tournament will be a 10 lap tournament style Australian Pursuit. Australian Pursuit is two cars in a symmetric course chasing each other. The 1st to catch the other car, force the other car to knock down 10 cones, or complete 10 laps is the winner. Seeding and pairing for the tourney is based on qualifying. 2004 FSAE vehicles only. 16 car count limit. Students are required to help with timing and scoring, course set up and tear down, and spectator containment. Some of the times are subject to change.

SVSU will PROVIDE housing, two lunches, and a dinner at NO COST. I need a list of people from each team for housing ASAP.

We could use some more teams. Would you help me recruit a few more? We will be posting this document on fsae.com shortly.

Thanks for your support. This has been quite an effort.

Brooks P. Byam, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
    Cardinal Formula Racing Director
    Saginaw Valley State University
    7400 Bay Road
    University Center, Michigan 48710-0001
    Phone 989-964-4489
    Fax 989-964-2717
    ---
    Andy J. Bauman
    2004 Alumni
    Cardinal Formula Racing 2001-2004
    Project Manager 2002-2004

SVSU GP UPDATE...

SVSU GP Participants,

I need some information from the participating teams ASAP. Specifically:
    # of people on your team
    # of people on your team staying and which nights
    # of people on your team attending and eating at the banquet Tuesday

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

My thanks to Eddie from Wollongong for providing housing info already. Eddie, What about the banquet on Tuesday?

Remember SVSU will PROVIDE housing, two lunches, and a dinner at NO COST.

We could use some more teams. Would you help me recruit a few more?

We will make a posting on fsae.com shortly requesting this information.

Thanks for your support,

Brooks & Andy

Brooks P. Byam, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
    Cardinal Formula Racing Director
    7400 Bay Road
    University Center, Michigan 48710-0001
    Phone 989-964-4489
    Fax 989-964-2717
    ---
    Andy J. Bauman
    2004 Alumni

How will teams be aquiring fuel? Is there somewhere to get 100 octane in the area?

Matt,

The highest we can get in Saginaw is 94. There is a gas station in Cass City that carrys 100. Dan would be better off answering this question, tho.
    ---
    Andy J. Bauman
    2004 Alumni

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast