+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone have footage of wollongong's spin out..

Did anyone get footage of Wollongong's spin out in the endurance. I hate to be a nay sayer, but some people on the far side of the track mentioned they saw them get a push to get going again.

Did anyone get footage of Wollongong's spin out in the endurance. I hate to be a nay sayer, but some people on the far side of the track mentioned they saw them get a push to get going again.

Yeah i had heard that they were having problems restarting their car when they dissappeared during a lap. I dont have video, but it is too bad they had problems during endurance because they were running some good lap times. Same goes for UTA.

Yeah, they spun on the turn just before the bleachers. I saw them sitting there for what seemed to be about 20 seconds. I thought for sure they were out of the race, then I saw someone pushing the car, maybe out of the way. Soon after, they were driving again.

That seemed to be a problematic turn for a few teams, especially us (MSU).

I saw the same, Wollongong got a push after a while of being stalled. GT and others didn't. Not fair to others but they didn't win because of it.

Maybe GT didnt ask anyone to push them. Anyone noticed ETS quit endurance with only a 1/4 lap to go. You would think they would push through even though they were having overheating problems.

The push given to the woolongong car in no way assisted them in resarting the car. It just got them out of the way. The car restarted under its own power in about 20 sec.

Perhaps that is the case, I couldn't see it from the far side of the track. I was just hoping that someone closer to that end of the track got it on tape as proof positive of what really happened.

The course workers pushed the car off the track after we spun, but it wouldn't start. After 30 secs or so our driver restarted and drove off when it had cooled down a touch.

Eddie

yeah, it looked to me as if they were in a dangerous area at the time, so the push was to get it out of the way. When the car started up again, I think it was on it's own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast