+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BOOK LIST to reference for car design

Originally posted by Mechanicaldan:
    Hi all,

I've put this list together last year, and made it available to guys on our team and will do the same this year. It's up to individuals to read the books. I have not read all the books on this list, so I don't know if they are all good, but I have looked through a lot of them.

Please add other books to this list so that all may benefit. Thanks,

1. Chassis Engineering/Chassis Design, Building & Tuning for High Performance Handling by Herb Adams

2. Competiton Car Suspension: Design, Construction, Tuning by Allan Staniforth

3. Race Car Chassis: Design and Construction [Powerpro] by Forbes Aird

4. Engineer to Win: The Essential Guide to Racing Car Materials Technology or How to Build Winners Which Don't Break by Carroll Smith

5. Tune to Win by Carroll Smith

6. How to Make Your Car Handle by Fred Puhn

7. Supercharging, Turbocharging, & Nitrous Oxide Performance Handbook [Powerpro] by Earl Davis, Diane Davis

8. Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems by Corky Bell

9. Turbochargers by Hugh MacInnes

10. Supercharged! Design, Testing and Installation of Supercharger Systems by Corky Bell

11. Four-Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell

12. Engine Management: Optimizing Carburettors, Fuel Injection and Ignition Systems by Dave Walker

13. Fiberglass & Composite Materials: An Enthusiast's Guide to High Performance Non-Metallic Materials for Automotive Racing and Marine Use by Forbes Aird

14. Racer's Encyclopedia of Metals, Fibers & Materials by Forbes Aird

15. Competition Car Composites: A Practical Guide by Simon McBeath, Brian O'Rourke

16. Race and Rally Car Source Book by Allan Stansiforth

Cyclone Racing
    www.cyclone-racing.com/fhome.htm
    Iowa State University
    Project Director

I'm a Chinese student,how can i buy these books?
    can some one tell me where to buy?

Not too techy but look at How to Build Motorcycle-engined Racing Cars (Speedpro)by Tony Pashley
    Daryl

As a beginner, which book should i start with ??

Originally posted by Alik52:
    As a beginner, which book should i start with ??
    For anyone involved with mechanical design, this article is a great intro/overview, "Top 10 Design Principles":
    www.designnews.com/author.asp?...d=1365&doc_id=235218

The pdf linked at the bottom is highly recommended, lots of common sense (which is usually missing if you are just starting out!) The format is much easier to read than other books on design that I've seen:
    http:// downloads.deusm.com/designnews/FundamentalDesignPrinciplesKCC10-24-2011.pdf

Hi guys; I've recently joined my local FSAE team and I'll be part of the group in charge of the engine. I know the basis of internal combustion engines and most of the intervention possible to increase power/torque on them, however I miss some of the basis on how to design the needed parts. Example, I want to change the timing of the camshafts to move the power and torque bands down toward the mid ranges; I know I should calculate the fluid flows into the chamber to design the new camshafts or to modify the timing, but I don't know where to find guidelines on how to do these calculations. This is only one example but I could provide more, so if you get what I mean and can suggest a book I'd be glad.
    Team Member @ Sapienza Corse
    Season '12 Engine Development
    www.sapienzacorse.it

can anybody mail me or give me a link to download it
    Reimpell, Jornsen & Stoll, Helmutt, The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles. SAE/Edward Arnold, 1996. ISBN 1-56091-736-9

I think the new "Learn & Compete" book should be in this thread, since it was written specifically as primer for these competitions:

http://www.racetechmag.com/store/product.php?id=244
    Dr. Edward M. Kasprzak
    President: EMK Vehicle Dynamics, LLC
    Associate: Milliken Research Associates, Inc.
    Co-Director: FSAE Tire Test Consortium
    Lecturer: SAE Industrial Lecture Program
    FSAE Design Judge

can anyone suggest some books related to half shaft design?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast