+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas Autocross Weekend 2010

UTA will be hosting the 10th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on 9 through 11 July 2010. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to a national event with schools from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Canada, Alabama, South Dakota, Florida, Michigan, etc. joining us for a weekend of pure FSAE. This is a time to let your hair down and share secrets and drive each other’s cars.

The venue is an open house Friday afternoon at the UTA shop to view our fleet of 20 cars and to do any last minute repairs. Friday night we will have a social at my house to view videos and play games. Saturday will be a competition at UTA's big lot with a FSAE course in the morning and a SCCA-style course in the afternoon. Texas-style BBQ will be served at lunch. Saturday night will be another event sponsored by Texas Engineering Systems to hear about features of SolidWorks and Cosmos. On Sunday, we will attend the Equipe Rapide monthly autocross held at Pennington Field on their concrete parking lot.

Saturday's driving is open to anyone and will be timed by our local autocross club Equipe Rapide. ER will allow 3 or 4 drivers per car on Sunday.

In the past we have had over 10 schools represented, more than 20 FSAE cars, and over 100 students attend the event. Local spectators and sponsors attend. Some schools attend without cars just to learn.

Please e-mail me directly if you intend to attend. We will handle all details of registration through our own e-mail list.

-Dr. Bob Woods
    Woods@uta.edu

http://fsae.uta.edu/autox.html

UTA will be hosting the 10th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on 9 through 11 July 2010. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to a national event with schools from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Canada, Alabama, South Dakota, Florida, Michigan, etc. joining us for a weekend of pure FSAE. This is a time to let your hair down and share secrets and drive each other’s cars.

The venue is an open house Friday afternoon at the UTA shop to view our fleet of 20 cars and to do any last minute repairs. Friday night we will have a social at my house to view videos and play games. Saturday will be a competition at UTA's big lot with a FSAE course in the morning and a SCCA-style course in the afternoon. Texas-style BBQ will be served at lunch. Saturday night will be another event sponsored by Texas Engineering Systems to hear about features of SolidWorks and Cosmos. On Sunday, we will attend the Equipe Rapide monthly autocross held at Pennington Field on their concrete parking lot.

Saturday's driving is open to anyone and will be timed by our local autocross club Equipe Rapide. ER will allow 3 or 4 drivers per car on Sunday.

In the past we have had over 10 schools represented, more than 20 FSAE cars, and over 100 students attend the event. Local spectators and sponsors attend. Some schools attend without cars just to learn.

Please e-mail me directly if you intend to attend. We will handle all details of registration through our own e-mail list.

-Dr. Bob Woods
    Woods@uta.edu

http://fsae.uta.edu/autox.html

I really want to make it this year...
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Cook:
    I really want to make it this year... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do it

I went last year and it was a real good time.

Well, we said we weren't going to go to FSAE West this year so we could do texas and nationals. But still, money is tight.
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

I think Akron needs to make a road trip this summer. You may have mentioned it, but is there a limit to how many cars a team can bring.
    Zips Racing 2008-2011

"Simplify, then add lightness" - Colin Chapman

Awesome, the dates work absolutely perfect for me. With any luck we should have 3 cars there. Now we just need to somehow get our hands on a bunch of money for tires...
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

KU will have '09 and probably '10 there. Maybe even another older car as well.
    Erich Ohlde
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    FSAE 04 - 09

All electrical components and wiring harnesses depend on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of charged ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Erich Ohlde:
    KU will have '09 and probably '10 there. Maybe even another older car as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the '06 car I see every time we race you guys anywhere besides competition? We should have our '10 car, possibly our '09 car, and almost without a doubt our '07 car (it took us three years, but by now we have it almost as reliable as most of my daily drivers )
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Louisville is interested in participating this year with potentialy 2 cars. I sent an email but havent heard back yet. Add us to your list.

bentsiegel@gmail.com
    Ben Siegel
    2013 to Present - Ed Carpenter Racing, Assistant Engineer Ed Carpenter & Mike Conway
    2012 - KV Racing Technology, Assistant Engineer Rubens Barrichello
    2010 to 2012 - Accelerace Motorsports, Engineer
    Louisville Motorsports Formula SAE
    2010-2011 Team Principal/Chief Engineer
    2010 Lead Chassis/Suspension Designer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast