+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Michigan 2012 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

Well, since I'm stuck at work and not able to work on our car for another couple of hours, I felt it was time to start up this thread that had not yet been started.

We're still rushing to finish our car while Rennstall Esslingen is in our shop as well testing their car.

The initial weather forcast for next week: slight chance of rain Wed and Thurs, sunny on Friday, and then good chance of rain for endurance on Sat, temps in the mid 60's. Typical MI weather, though a touch warmer than we were expecting.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

Well, since I'm stuck at work and not able to work on our car for another couple of hours, I felt it was time to start up this thread that had not yet been started.

We're still rushing to finish our car while Rennstall Esslingen is in our shop as well testing their car.

The initial weather forcast for next week: slight chance of rain Wed and Thurs, sunny on Friday, and then good chance of rain for endurance on Sat, temps in the mid 60's. Typical MI weather, though a touch warmer than we were expecting.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

I think it's farfetched to trust the weather so far ahead, when the forcast can't even predict current weather. I checked the weather before leaving work last night, and leaving home for work this morning. It was supposed to be raining. Sure enough, I had the convertible top down both ways Really hoping for dry weather at comp though, definitely excited for my first competition too!
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

To further prove the point of how well you can predict MI weather a week into the future, weather underground shows shows a 20% chance of t-storms for Friday and clear/sunny for Saturday.

Time to leave the office and go build a racecar!
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Any else but Kettering on these forums anymore??

San Jose State is currently on route to Madison till Tuesday. Then it's out to MIS. As per the norm in FSAE, car ran Tuesday night, got packed up Wednesday, then we set off Wednesday night.

Really hoping for some rain during the dynamic events, particularly Saturday. Seeing as how my first comp in Michigan was last year, and there was not a drop of rain (first time in a few years at FSAE-M I think), it'd be interesting to see a little unpredictability thrown in the mix!
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

Will there be a live feed / radio feed for the event? Just interested to know!
    Electronics Warwick Racing 11' Alumni

Interested on the radio/live streaming too...as anyone in here I suppose! Are there any lists on Twitter to follow? In general, every possible source of info (and PICS) would be much appreciated! I know we are a week too early, but I'm always eager of the Michigan comp, being the first comp of the season!

I will be at comp and try to tweet regularly about what is going on.
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobbyObby:
    Any else but Kettering on these forums anymore?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We've got a mandatory co-op program and most of our team, including the three of us above, is on co-op term right now. It's a bit odd to realize that your productivity is being squashed by attending work for 8 hours that could be spent finishing the car. We don't have the luxury of skipping a few weeks of class and then cramming for finals after comp to make up for it.

No sleep 'til Brooklyn!
    -----------------------------------
    Matt Birt
    Engine Calibration and Performance Engineer, Enovation Controls
    Former Powertrain Lead, Kettering University CSC/FSAE team
    1st place Fuel Efficiency 2013 FSAE, FSAE West, Formula North
    1st place overall 2014 Clean Snowmobile Challenge

Second time as a tech inspector. Really excited to see everyone's vehicles and catch up with some friends.
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast