+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can i use megasquirt2 for 600cc car engine

ooh .. patclark
    dude i used somne short terms.
    well my quetion was did any one here used megaquirt 2 ecu ...
    did you face any problem in using megasquirt2.

Pat Clarke is a senior design judge in Formula SAE, and one of the people responsible for this competition's existence. You don't call him "dude".

Write with respect and you will be answered with respect.
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

Geoff ;-)

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

i am sorry patclarke.... apolozise me .. i ma new here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neon spark:
    ooh .. patclark
    did you face any problem in using megasquirt2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we used MS2E. Yes, we ran into problems. Yes, they are documented. Use the search function, and ye shall find.

Write in full sentences.

And show some respect. Especially to Pat Clarke (and Geoff).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grant Mahler:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neon spark:
    ooh .. patclark
    did you face any problem in using megasquirt2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, we used MS2E. Yes, we ran into problems. Yes, they are documented. Use the search function, and ye shall find.

Write in full sentences.

And show some respect. Especially to Pat Clarke (and Geoff). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Grant,
    I did some searching and I can't find anything about you having problems with Megasquirt, other than a discussion about trigger wheels and max RPM. Anything more specific I should be searching for? I searched "Megasquirt" with you as the author and only came up with a few threads.
    Mountain Lion Motorsports

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey Antonakakis:

Grant,
    I did some searching and I can't find anything about you having problems with Megasquirt, other than a discussion about trigger wheels and max RPM. Anything more specific I should be searching for? I searched "Megasquirt" with you as the author and only came up with a few threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. I never ended up posting all the PMs about MS2E. I screwed up. Searching will not yield you any answers to the problems I had. But it will yield many answers.

Search away!

MS works fine on SAE cars. Be careful talking to judges though, they tend to dislike the MS ecus as they're too limited (no daq etc.) Make sure the ECU matches the car.

Post specifics over on the MS forums, but the timing can sometimes be tricky.

Geoff Turner

No DAQ? You can definitely datalog on the dyno, although I'm not really sure what it would take (other than sticking a laptop in the car with you while you drive around) to datalog on the track. The MS datalog software is pretty good, at least "good enough." It logs timing, pulse width, battery voltage, AFR, RPM, TPS, MAP, and that's just by default. It also records a lot of other things, but I haven't really messed with them.
    Mountain Lion Motorsports

MS2 has fine DAQ. The best way to do it is to use the standalone datalogger, which is cheap and stores to an SD memory stick. Or you can ebay an old Palm and datalog on that.

I would imagine the reason the judges turn their noses down on MS is because it is quite often very poorly implemented. The judges turn their noses down on poorly implemented anything - Motec, AEM, or MS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2