+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australian Competition timetable

I'm just trying to plan the trip down to Melbourne in December for the competition, and what happens each day. I heard from one person that usually its Thursday for marshaling, Friday for static events and Saturday for dynamic events. But I hard from someone else that there was 2 days of driving.
    I'm trying to work out when to get down there. The competition starts on thursday the 10th- is that when teams can set up or is this done on the wednesday.

On a side note, how are all the Australian Teams going for this? We (Sydney Uni) are travelling pretty well, aiming to have the car at the track within a month. Will be an interesting month anyway.
    Driveshaft Development
    Sydney University

I'm just trying to plan the trip down to Melbourne in December for the competition, and what happens each day. I heard from one person that usually its Thursday for marshaling, Friday for static events and Saturday for dynamic events. But I hard from someone else that there was 2 days of driving.
    I'm trying to work out when to get down there. The competition starts on thursday the 10th- is that when teams can set up or is this done on the wednesday.

On a side note, how are all the Australian Teams going for this? We (Sydney Uni) are travelling pretty well, aiming to have the car at the track within a month. Will be an interesting month anyway.
    Driveshaft Development
    Sydney University

Usually the thursday is some scrutineering (this has been fairly haphazard in the past, eg teams turning up to be told that only selected teams could scrutineer that day, and teams other than those weren't told), with the opening presentation thing. Nothing much happens but make sure you're around anyway.

Friday is the rest of scrutineering and static events.

Saturday is autocross, skidpad and acceleration.

Sunday is two endurance sessions.

Most of our team arrives in Melbourne on the Wednesday before the competition and leaves on the Monday evening afterwards. A smaller team comes over a while earlier to prep the car and get some more testing in.

This is based off the past few FSAE-A competitions I've attended and is by no means official, naturally

Regarding our car progress, we're basically on track with our progress from last year. Naturally some things have been much smoother than 2008, and some things have been a heck of a lot worse as well. I shall say no more, other than I expect this year's UOA car to be the best one yet.

I think you mean, "the pinkest one yet"
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

Pink can be awesome, you know.

i worry about you NZers sometimes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect this year's UOA car to be the best one yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big call Princess.
    Brent

3rd world solutions for real world problems.

UoA FSAE 2004-2008

+ Reply to Thread