+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ricardo Wave F4i600-2

Hi,
    can any one please help me to design the intake restrict or for the F4i 600 engine on the Wave software. I made it but there is no change in air-fuel flow when I checked in the graph.
    reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Jaydeep

Originally posted by Jaydeep:
    I made it but there is no change in air-fuel flow when I checked in the graph.

Sounds like you did it right.

Hi Drew,
    Thank you for your reply and taking interest but I think you misinterpreted. I got the straight curve of air-fuel ratio.just a simple line.And that's I think not sound correct.

If I remember correctly, in Ricardo WAVE the program assumes a constant Air/Fuel ratio for theoretical power curve outputs unless certain parameters of the program are changed. It cannot adjust for changing atmospheric conditions around the engine either without alot of data. It is a very powerful program but it makes ALOT of assumptions. You can tell it to account for changing environments of the engine but it requires alot of data from an actual dyno-run with the engine and numerous sensors. If you tune the engine system right you should be able to achieve close to constant a/f. Trying to account for all the possible small deviations of the engine environment in Ricardo would probably cause more headaches than you want.
    Geoff Van Gemert
    Western Michigan University
    2009-2010 Project Manager & Suspension Team Leader
    2008-2009 Suspension Team Leader
    2007-2008 Suspension

What, you guys don't use Wave to tune your A/F ratio? Although, on second thought, programming in a bunch of garbage A/F ratios would make it more realistic to the sorry tunes of many cars brought to competition.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

WAVE does have an option to automatically and transiently adjust fuel injection to hold a prescribed A/F ratio. This is an injector type that is provided to make life easier for users who don't want to deal with fuel injection control themselves.

If a more realistic injector type is used, the user will need to provide their own method to control it based on sensors, like in real life.

Yep, sounds like you just programmed it to hold A/F ratio with the most simple injectors.

Works fine for most of what our team ever did, because you're going to tweak your AF ratio anyways on the dyno if you want to be competitive.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Adambomb:
    .... programming in a bunch of garbage A/F ratios would make it more realistic to the sorry tunes of many cars brought to competition.

Is there a way to make it idle like shit in the computer too?

+ Reply to Thread