+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I love about Formula SAE

The true creepers look on tugraz's website and find her picture... oh wait
    ...what an easy way of increasing the numbers of hits on our website

by the way this just makes me realize that fsae guys are just the same, no matter where they come from
    Ruth

Team Manager 2010 & USA 2011
    Marketing 2009
    TU Graz Racing Team

Originally posted by Ruth:
    by the way this just makes me realize that fsae guys are just the same, no matter where they come from
    I think you'll find that guys in general are the same, no matter where they come from...
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

Originally posted by Ruth:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The true creepers look on tugraz's website and find her picture... oh wait
    ...what an easy way of increasing the numbers of hits on our website

by the way this just makes me realize that fsae guys are just the same, no matter where they come from </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruth, on the other hand, girls on my team have had the luxury of taking their pick of the litter to an extent...i imagine thats the same everywhere else too!
    Powertrain Team Leader 06-08
    Michigan State University

Or they just get creeped-out at all the guys making miserable attempts at hitting on them (this is mainly engineering guys we're talking about... )
    Shaun Kapples
    Mechanical Engineer
    Alumni, FSAE at UCF

I don't know that getting the pick of the litter from any FSAE team is anything to really write home about.

Also, isn't rampant dating within the team (teamcest?) a really good way to derail everything?

Originally posted by Scrappy:

Ruth, on the other hand, girls on my team have had the luxury of taking their pick of the litter to an extent...i imagine thats the same everywhere else too!
    some wise words scrappy, since i am not a native spaker of english, took a time for me to get what "to take the pick of the litter means", but you are probably right

by the way i did not mean to offend anyone, trying to be funny or sarcastic in a language that is not your mother tongue, sometimes causes some misunderstandings
    Ruth

Team Manager 2010 & USA 2011
    Marketing 2009
    TU Graz Racing Team

Originally posted by Bemo:

I think that Miss FSAE thing lasted an hour or something until some Italian girl got the award and Ruth was second.
    I still can't believe that this actually happened. The whole time I thought I was only dreaming. Still not sure whether it was a good or a bad dream...
    I still can't believe some other incidents during that weekend

Nevermind, the italian way of supervising a competition is like an old mid-70's F1 race. "Fuck the safety, this is a sport for real men with big parties and beautiful girls."

by the way i did not mean to offend anyone, trying to be funny or sarcastic in a language that is not your mother tongue, sometimes causes some misunderstandings
    I wouldn't worry about it. If there is a universal Formula language, it is sarcasm.
    --------------------------------
    Prototype Sports Car Design Blog

Miami University FSAE Chassis Team 2005-2007
    Miami University FSAE Suspension Leader 2007-2008

I don't know that getting the pick of the litter from any FSAE team is anything to really write home about.
    Reminds me of something I heard a girl say about the amount of guys on an engineering course: "The odds might be good, but the goods are a litle odd."
    Simon
    ----------------------------------------
    Powertrain Research Student 2010-2013

Team Principal 2009-2010
    Engine Development 2008-2009
    Brunel Racing

I think these are appropriate for this discussion...

Specimen A:

Specimen B:

We set the latter as a desktop background for one of the girls on our team... she suggested Johnny Depp would have been a better choice.

Originally posted by Simon Dingle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't know that getting the pick of the litter from any FSAE team is anything to really write home about.
    Reminds me of something I heard a girl say about the amount of guys on an engineering course: "The odds might be good, but the goods are a litle odd." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Adam Vaughan
    Cooper Union FSAE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast