+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I love about Formula SAE

I'VE DONE THAT! I'm assuming that you are in the Chicago area when you talk about hooning Brendon.

Yeah, I have a set of friends where we specifically get together to go out and drive in the snow when it snows. Also usually involves sledding at 2 in the morning. I will say that the WRX I have now is a lot more fun to hoon than the Ford Taurus I used to have. I haven't managed to get caught yet either though... Looking forward to your expansion.

Originally posted by MegaDeath:
    I'm sure somebody has already said this, but I'll say it anyways....... BACK WHEN I WAS A FRESHMAN...!!!!!!!!!

"back when I was an undergrad..."
    Hope College FSAE '07-'10

"back when I was in school..."
    Shaun Kapples
    Mechanical Engineer
    Alumni, FSAE at UCF

Originally posted by Whis:
    I'VE DONE THAT! I'm assuming that you are in the Chicago area when you talk about hooning Brendon.

Yeah, I have a set of friends where we specifically get together to go out and drive in the snow when it snows. Also usually involves sledding at 2 in the morning. I will say that the WRX I have now is a lot more fun to hoon than the Ford Taurus I used to have. I haven't managed to get caught yet either though... Looking forward to your expansion.
    +1 My vehicle of choice is a longbed 2WD Dakota with a 5.9L V8 and posi. Fun things like opposite lock powerslides (always more awesome with an 8 ft. bed), 0-point u-turns, drifting on straight roads using the crown of the road, and turning corners using almost exclusively throttle steering. I have a nice 4x4 too, but that makes regular snow driving on plowed roads too boring. To be entertained in that, I need unplowed roads (have gone 60 mph ground speed, not wheel speed, through a foot of snow...it was spectacular), 2 foot drifts, or parking on those giant mountains of snow in parking lots.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

WTF is a hoon? Where do I buy one?

Speaking of words that have come into use since I graduated from the Uni and got myself a big-boy-job....

Originally posted by Drew Price:
    WTF is a hoon? Where do I buy one?

Speaking of words that have come into use since I graduated from the Uni and got myself a big-boy-job....
    Hoon: (v) To engage in mischief in a motor vehicle.
    Hoon: (n) A word used to describe a person who uses cars, motorcycles, or marine power vessels for recreation and fun instead of getting from A to B.

This is the story of how Nick Renold and I got disorderly conduct tickets during the blizzard.
    Northwestern Formula Racing

"My spindle motor is bigger than your spindle motor."
    Northwestern Formula Racing

Quote from one of our freshmen about pulling the peel-ply off of our CFRP seat: "It's like playing tug-of-war with a really, really valuable rope."
    --
    Joshua Jund
    Northwestern University
    http://northwesternformularacing.com

It's just so cool,isn't it?
    "Scientists may discover physical universe secrets, but engineers are the ones who change the world."
    GSpeed, Engine Team
    Jilin University

This is reaching back a few months but, in response to
    Getting distracted by heavy rain in the parking lot when packing for competition.

http://macromeme.com/dog/australia-flood-comic.html
    Ryan Dougherty
    ALUMNI - Louisville Motorsports
    2011 Team mis-manager
    2010 Suspension team
    2009 ???
    2008 Freshman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast