+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Holy Grails

Restricted or unrestricted???

Fred

Originally posted by Zac:
    For what it's worth, Nick set FTD in the 99 Akron Car with a high 3.5 something. We were using the house car to test the timing systems. Nick also won Skidpad and came in third in Autocross.

but I'm pretty sure the accel event was just paced off instead of actually measured. Someone from MSU was very upset about that.

Definitely remember that car, very fast. Also, very non-restricted at the Goodyear shootout. Man, I can still see the roster tails coming off that car on that super dusty track!

That event was a blast! Even though our car probably took the 'ugly as f@ck' award.
    Sooner Racing Team
    University of Oklahoma
    Chief Engineer 08-09
    Team Captain 06-08

sae.ou.edu

Oh, it's unrestricted. I believe the motor is a stock F2.

Even unrestricted the thing weighs a ton, but a few extra ponies helps i'm sure. I wouldn't call it an ugly car either, very nice body work, heavy but nice.
    Brake Team
    Zips Racing
    The University of Akron
    www.zipsracing.com <---- Cool New Website
    http://www.uakron.edu/groups/sae/formula/

Originally posted by Bemo:
    At Italy this year it was really hot at accel day and the asphalt was extremely sticky, but I think it also was slightly downhill.
    You are right: there was an altidude difference of about .4 m in the acceleration in Varano.

Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

Originally posted by RenM:
    what about most finished endurances in a row?
    Toronto had a good run for that by our standard I think...from 2005 UK to 2008 Germany, with 2 events per season.
    Finished @ UofT Racing
    2003-2007
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I thought the FSAE Holy Grail was a sweet job after graduation.
    Matt Brown

Originally posted by Lorenzo Pessa:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bemo:
    At Italy this year it was really hot at accel day and the asphalt was extremely sticky, but I think it also was slightly downhill.
    You are right: there was an altidude difference of about .4 m in the acceleration in Varano.

Lorenzo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure it was the right length? We had a pretty fast time of 3.79 s, but if I remember correctly, the final velocity was much smaller than normally. Further, I thought there was too much wheel spin for "extremely sticky", but maybe that feeling is from not having the rear wheel speed sensors connected and thus no TC.

Thomas

the FORMULA FEI team from brasil won every dynamic event at the brazilian competition on 2008!! same as sttutgart
    FFRT - chassi
    10'
    09'
    08'
    07'

Originally posted by Superfast Matt McCoy:
    I thought the FSAE Holy Grail was a sweet job after graduation.
    I'll second that...
    Shaun Kapples
    Mechanical Engineer
    Alumni, FSAE at UCF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast