+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PE ECU

Hello All,

My name is Korey Morris, former team leader of the University of Kentucky Formula SAE team. While in my position at UK, I took it upon myself to personally finance quite a bit of the project. I'm sure many of you know how that goes! One of the more pricey parts that I bought out of pocket was the Performance Electronics ECU. The team ended up going a simpler route and has not used the ECU that i bought. Now that I have graduated, I'm moving on to other projects (spec miata, and a turbo TT Miata). I thought of adapting the PE ECU to my turbo application, but there is really too much support in the Megasquirt area for me to ignore. I'm looking to sell the PE ECU Kit outright and go a different direction for my private project.

The ECU is the compete kit that a Formula SAE team would need. We intended to use a f4i, so all of the parts that would be supplied from PE for this application (ECU, harness, IAT Sensor, Water Temp Sensor, and crank position wheel). All parts are brand new and have never been powered.
    I don't know how popular of a choice the PE is now-a-days, but it was the leader 3 years ago! The PE website lists this for $998 new. I don't remember the FSAE discount, but I'll go under that. I'm thinking $600 for now. Feel free to make an offer, especially if PE's price is lower than I thought. I don't remember which local teams use this setup (and it may have changed since I've talked to any of these teams), but I'd like to see it go to a team close to me if possible.

I am located in Lexington, KY, and travel to Louisville and Cincy often.
    University of Kentucky Formula Racing
    Watch out for the blue car from the bluegrass...

Hello All,

My name is Korey Morris, former team leader of the University of Kentucky Formula SAE team. While in my position at UK, I took it upon myself to personally finance quite a bit of the project. I'm sure many of you know how that goes! One of the more pricey parts that I bought out of pocket was the Performance Electronics ECU. The team ended up going a simpler route and has not used the ECU that i bought. Now that I have graduated, I'm moving on to other projects (spec miata, and a turbo TT Miata). I thought of adapting the PE ECU to my turbo application, but there is really too much support in the Megasquirt area for me to ignore. I'm looking to sell the PE ECU Kit outright and go a different direction for my private project.

The ECU is the compete kit that a Formula SAE team would need. We intended to use a f4i, so all of the parts that would be supplied from PE for this application (ECU, harness, IAT Sensor, Water Temp Sensor, and crank position wheel). All parts are brand new and have never been powered.
    I don't know how popular of a choice the PE is now-a-days, but it was the leader 3 years ago! The PE website lists this for $998 new. I don't remember the FSAE discount, but I'll go under that. I'm thinking $600 for now. Feel free to make an offer, especially if PE's price is lower than I thought. I don't remember which local teams use this setup (and it may have changed since I've talked to any of these teams), but I'd like to see it go to a team close to me if possible.

I am located in Lexington, KY, and travel to Louisville and Cincy often.

emailed
    Ben Siegel
    2013 to Present - Ed Carpenter Racing, Assistant Engineer Ed Carpenter & Mike Conway
    2012 - KV Racing Technology, Assistant Engineer Rubens Barrichello
    2010 to 2012 - Accelerace Motorsports, Engineer
    Louisville Motorsports Formula SAE
    2010-2011 Team Principal/Chief Engineer
    2010 Lead Chassis/Suspension Designer

sale pending

SOLD Quickly!

+ Reply to Thread