+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cost Software - Questions & Bug Reports

Hi Mr. Riley,

Matthias Raab, Teamcaptain Scuderia Mensa, UaS Wiesbaden, Germany.

I just installed the update from May, 9th.
    After typing in FixID() and pushing the "run" button, I always get the message: Update was UNsuccesful.

Sync does not work either. It tells me:
    Missing Authentication Number - Sync Stopped

But I typed in our authentification number in the team data window.....

Any help to the two probs is appreciated, thank you.

Best regards
    Matthias Raab

Hi guys,
    I am also getting the "Missing authentificiation number, sync stopped" error, i have tried re-entering, re-starting and the help function and all the data i have entered has been lost. Can anybody help? (deadline looming)
    Cheers,

Nick Pearson
    FS Portsmouth

This was answered by Bill in the larger cost report thread, but basically...

in the folder
    <install directory> \FCA\

there is an invisibile file "fcakey" (no extension)

open this file in notepad or wordpad

inside the file, you should see

##-xxxxxx

## is your team number
    xxxxxx is where your authentication number should be, if it isn't type it in and save.
    now try and sync with the server.
    San Jose State University
    FSAE 2008/2009

Thanks, Tony. Sync works, after I changed working place from office to home (no university-firewall blocking the stuff).

But the software seems to have MANY bugs.It is not possible, to work with it. From pop-up-windows, when I click the "pencil"-button or into the "material"-, "Process"- or "Fastener"-field over no explanations for all the "units" and "sizes" to discrepancies between the newest materials tabel and the materials table in the software (example: machining for all the lathe- and mill-work is combined to "machining" in the latest version 18 of the process table, but is still spread out in detail in the software.

I decided not to use the software for the Silverstone event. Simply because it CAN'T be used. I'll have to go with plain excel-tables.

We appreciate the efforts of FSAE to help us with the cost report by providing a software tool. We really do. But so far, it caused more stress, problems and mainly delay, than it benefits.

Maybe I'm just a dumb user....I don'tknow. I give up.

Matthias Raab
    UaS Wiesbaden,Germany

Hey Jungs,

also ich sehe, dass es hier mehrere gibt, die einfach riesen Probleme haben die Software zum Laufen zu bekommen. Wir sind mittlerweile auch am Verzweifeln, weil immer wenn es aussieht, als hätten wir es geschafft, taucht ein neues Problem auf.
    Mal ne Frage: Gibt es hier irgend jemanden, bei dem die Software ohne Probleme funktioniert? Hat jemand das ganze Thema schon abgeschlossen? Über Tips oder ähnliches wären wir euch sehr dankbar.

Mit freundlichem Gruß Tim Bolz

I as well am having the error code 6. The program works but it's really annoying. I have Access 2007.

greetings
    Thomas De Bleser

I have been trying to install the cost software, and I keep getting the error message telling me that I need to have Office Access 2007 or Office Access 2007 Runtime installed. Our school has Office Access 2007 installed on all the school computers already, and I've also downloaded and installed the Access 2007 Runtime file, and I still keep receiving the same error message. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You installed the run time off the cost website and are still getting this error? If you, please try it on another computer and if you have the same problem email katklauz@aol.com with a description of the computer and your contact information. Make sure you don't have an older version of the runtime or Office installed on the same computer as the newer version.

Hello Mr. Riley

I have a couple of questions regarding the cost application. We are currently signing up for FSAE Michigan:

1. My cost software application does not allow me to switch to the Brake section. This section does not appear in the "Jump to" directory and the left side button does not work as well.

2. After entering a value in "Assembly Materials", I get the error 2431.

3. If I use the material "Steel, Alloy", "Aluminum, Normal" etc, the material cost doesn't update when I either change the quantity, or update the "Size 1" or fill the Area, Length or density. I am using the same method we used for our cost report last year for materials and processes.

4. Must we use the cost application software this year? Can I use the excel tables instead? I am a bit paranoid as my application has crashed a couple of times, and I do not want to run into any problems while approaching the due date.

5. This may be a stupid question: But is there a Save button or does the application save automtically? How do you know when it saves?
    Formula North
    June 4-7, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    www.formulanorth.com
    www.facebook.com/formulanorth
    @FormulaNorth

Mr. Riley,

I have been having a few problems with the software. I also get the "error 2431" in the materials section, when I use a raw material such as steel or aluminum the cost isn't calculated when the area length and density information is put in. Another question is in the fastener section is the unit cost supposed to calculated automatically when the sizes are stated? If so the cost doesn't update there either. Also none of the costs update along the top of the entry screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast