+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cost Software - Questions & Bug Reports

Please use this discussion for questions and bug reports on the software. Please put rules and table questions in the discussion entitled "Cost Rules - Discussion of New 2009 Rules"

Please use this discussion for questions and bug reports on the software. Please put rules and table questions in the discussion entitled "Cost Rules - Discussion of New 2009 Rules"

Is there any way to add records to the Sections Table? Or am I limited to what is there for now?

Also, does anyone else's "help" feature work? I'm very lost and confused when trying to get through the format of how to update and include items right now.
    David Collins
    Sooner Racing Team

"By definition, a hard driver is one possessing little, if any, brains."

I was trying to retrieve my already entered parts from Assembly information view and im getting an error message "The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot find a record in the table 'tblsystems' with key matching field(s)'System number'.
    Can anyone please guide me how to delete or edit the parts i already entered??

I am getting numerous error messages with the database software:

1) When trying to add new entries into the part area (materials, processes, fasteners, tooling) I am faced with an error stating "The following error has occurred: 6". This happens when pressing the '+' button to add an entry.

2) If I manually add the entry, I again face the "6 error" but am allowed to fill in the cells. However, when I have finished them all, and would like to move on to the next entry, the software says "Index or primary key cannot contain a null value"

I have tried refreshing the database, restarting the program, and remaking the individual assembly and part sections, but it has been to no avail. Please help!
    Brandon Hicks
    Huskie Motorsports
    Vice-President

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded these to the programmer.

If you haven't please email your database to fsae.cost@gmail.com.

Bill Riley

Mr. Riley,

I have discovered another error, one that is quite detrimental to the ability of our team to complete this report by the stated deadline.

Last night during one of the syncs with the sever for data sharing, a large majority of our cost report magically disappeared. Prior to the sync all of our data was in the proper places, and now it is gone. Given that we must have the report in the mail by tomorrow, it seems hardly fair that we must re-complete this daunting task in under 24 hours.

Normally, I would say that we should have been better prepared, and had the cost report done sooner, but in this case it was done, and then the software provided by SAE caused us to loose all of our data.

Punishing teams for not having a cost report in on time because of faulty software is not in the spirit of the competition, and definitely does not reflect the enthusiasm, time, effort, and innovation that we have all put in this year.
    Brandon Hicks
    Huskie Motorsports
    Vice-President

Hi Mr Riley

I also get the error message ''The following error has occurred: 6'' however I get this message when I follow the software update guide and enter 'FixID()' in the run command box. Is there something I can try to rectify this or if I ignore this error message do I run the risk loosing data later on?

Regards

Alister

Mr Riely

I'm expering im having the same error message as AWilson, - The following error hasoccured:6 -
    After runing FixID(), durring the update.

I'm sorry i know this in not the right place but...

We don't find our team in the database...
    We followed instructions about this problem.
    They said us to update fsae software with "GetAdminTables()" and we found the following problem:
    We aren't in the list.
    How to do for registering ourselfs?? Where?
    Who to ask??

Thankyou. Sc fsae team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast