+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Stig is revealed!!

Publicity stunt maybe, not the true identity of The Stig possibly, but Michael Schumacher as The Stig priceless. I think this was just a way to get viewers for the new season but it would be awsome.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...as-the-001.jpg

Publicity stunt maybe, not the true identity of The Stig possibly, but Michael Schumacher as The Stig priceless. I think this was just a way to get viewers for the new season but it would be awsome.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...as-the-001.jpg

I think it was a way they would be able to get a FXX on the show and play with the Stig identity as well. Ferrari built Schumacher a special edition black FXX without stripes a couple years ago. I'm sure Ferrari would never let the show borrow one.

The idea to have Shumacher driving the FXX was most likely Ferrari's to make sure they got their car back in one piece and their reputation remained intact as well.

Pete.

Yeah and he absolutely blew away everything else! 7 seconds faster than the Gumpert Apollo on a 1:10 min lap...
    Michael Kissling
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    Stuttgart, Germany

ooooohhhH Noooooooooooooooo,

My worldview has been destroyed! The Stig isn`t any more the secret hero of the show!

@ Michael please, please ask Jeremy or Richard for a hot lap at Top Gear test area with your 2008 car against you or Tobi!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FStotalcom/158738688444

The Caparo T1 was 0.1s quicker (www.fastlaps.com), but that was still an awesome car with an awesome lap.

I thought "The Stig" driving the standard car was quite amusing (Apparently it was Schumacher), particularly when he took out the camera and smashed the windscreen
    "He who dies with the most toys wins"

I'm back after about a year!...sporadically...maybe just this once...to be honest, I just needed to remember the quote from my signature, and posting was the easiest way, lol.

But yeah, I didn't really understand why he drove the Liana like that. Were they trying to say he can't drive a cheap car? I don't know. The only funny part to me was when he hit the camera...on purpose!

I too have my doubts, but it would explain how the stig was always a ringer, like for the touring car race and the competition against the german show race. But the first thing I thought was his body looked smaller in proportion to his head. I heard some touring car driver let it slip a couple months back, but either way, for a human to be under that suit, that's just weird. I definitely just knew "it" as the stig!
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

+ Reply to Thread