+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FSAE-Australasia 2010 Pre-Competition Thread

words will never leave, he has somehow become a lecturer at monash and is the academic supervisor.

dresses are only bought if the team finishes all events and have to be bought from the op shop in northcote just before the after party, its now a 5 year tradition.
    Monash FSAE (2005-2009)
    www.monashmotorsport.com

Hey Everyone,

Don't forget to email your alumni and get them to volunteer for the competition.
    The fairest marshals are always ones that have been there before!

The more *experienced* volunteers we get the less issues we have with running of the events. Anyone remember TI on the Thursday in '09?
    ---------------------------
    2006 QUT Motorsport - Manufacturing Manager
    2007 QUT Motorsport - Controversy Raiser
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager
    2009 The University of Adelaide Motorspo

so to steer this thread back toward the important issues, does anyone know if anything has been organised for an after party?
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

Should we cut out the middle man and just go straight to crown?

The FSAE rules don't actually say you have to compete with the university you are studying with, it just says you have to be enrolled as a student. Has anyone studying by distance competed with a university in the town they live in?

So any more detail in regards to the driver swap? I'm not sure ADFA will be able to take our car but I would like to try and get there for a look.

Cheers
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

Originally posted by MalcolmG:
    so to steer this thread back toward the important issues, does anyone know if anything has been organised for an after party?
    I haven't heard anything. It will be needed.
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager

FYI, we're finally running so it wont be long till we're out on the track.
    Jon O'Neill

Advisor-UTS Motorsports, Sydney, Australia
    www.utsmotorsports.com

Also, Swinburne is running (shakedown last Tuesday) and had a pretty good test on Friday right up until the ecu shit it's self. Understeer issues seam to be solved and the car is very easy to drive at speed for a lengthy period.

Melbourne had shake down yesterday, and have a car with potential. They don't seam to be having issues with it and they should be able to tune it pretty well.

Word on the wire is Monash are running too.
    Cheers

Swinburne University of Technology

Originally posted by Kirby:
    Hey Everyone,

Don't forget to email your alumni and get them to volunteer for the competition.
    The fairest marshals are always ones that have been there before!

The more *experienced* volunteers we get the less issues we have with running of the events. Anyone remember TI on the Thursday in '09?
    Auckland should have a pretty strong alumni contingent. I think there's about 8 of us coming.

I'm actually looking forward to watching some racing, unlike the last few years. I'm glad to hear there are quite a number of teams with running cars now.

So those wondering about the after-party, in true FSAE style this came rolling through my inbox today:

Originally posted by Joh@RMIT:
    "...It'll be at the Colonial Hotel on King Street in the city again, from about 7pm - we will have the place to ourselves, plenty of nibblies and limited discounted drinks, DJ etc etc. All for a very reasonable $20.

Given last year (not as many people came as we hoped, so we nearly didn't cover the cost of the night) I need to know in advance how many people will be coming, and to have everyone pay PRIOR to the night, so can you please email me rough numbers from your team who will attend? And of course if they want any changes, eg. if the teams don't want the food, I can cancel the catering and reduce the cost.

If you could let me know before Friday (that's when I have to finalise everything with the event staff at the Colonial) that would be fantastic.

Encourage all your team to come along to what is bound to be a fabulous night of drunken SAE antics!! Besides it'll only be good if we're all there. Let's celebrate the year of ridiculous hard work and stress!..."
    Email her..I don't really want to post her email here....you will find it. Before Friday.

Adelaide will be there for sure!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast