+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The wrong way to test an impact attenuator

well I think that you just need more members in your team for testing failure.

1st place for the most idiotic track test ever...

You guys deserve to be banned from competitions here, on Mars, and other galaxies thanks to being absolute morons...

/rant
    -----------------------------------
    Drivetrain Leader 07-08
    Technical Director 08-09
    Team FSAE USB - Caracas - Venezuela.

This best part about this is they posted it on youtube thinking it was allright.

They think they're cool! :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The more you know, the more you dont know!

Orion Racing India
    2008 - Random Onlooker
    2009 - Bodywork Assistant
    2010 - Business Manager
    2011 - Team Manager

UIC Motorsp

They where trying to re-create the final scene on the 1971 movie Vanishing Point where the dude drives the Cuda wide open into some bull dozers..
    Just on a smaller scale I recon..
    scotty
    Taylor Race
    scotty@taylor-race.com
    taylor-race.com

I don't understand why FSAE wouldnt offer a IA that any FSAE team could just buy. I know its suppose to be a learning experience and all, but when it comes to saving someone's life do you honestly trust the work of a undergrad engineer? We are not allowed to make/design our own belts, nor are we allowed to make/design our own helment and race suits. Why are we FORCED to make/design our own IA, AND test it??

AA

To turn you into an engineer
    Curtin Motorsport Team 07-08
    http://motorsport.curtin.edu.au/

So if all anyone does is buy and integrate parts, who's going to be left who actually know's how to design and test them.

I dunno.. Maybe like the rest of the car that you have to design and build? Because, you know, the rest of the car doesn't save your life? How is any FSAE car more than 10% bought parts that were integrated?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast