+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome back FSAE.com! ... But why the lack of discussion?

Welcome back FSAE.com! ... But why the lack of discussion?

Glad the forum is back up! When it went missing I was worried that a lot of good car design discussion had been swept into the internet's wastebin without warning (kind of like when my wife goes on a house re-organizing binge :-)

I wonder why conversation has dried up on this site? That "other" site where FSAE participants congregate has devolved into a meme and rant cesspool. Certainly there have to be a large number of us enthusiasts with unanswered questions and interesting new ideas to explore. I don't buy the idea that everything FSAE-related has already been discussed in the archives. There are always new rules, software, COTS parts, materials and design approaches to explore.
    Last edited by Composites Guy; 08-25-2019 at 10:04 AM.

I always read/post here from a laptop. How well does this site display on different kinds of phones?

agree, this forum has always been a source of great discussions and information. Would be a pity to somehow loose it.

That "other" site where FSAE participants congregate has devolved into a meme and rant cesspool
    That's a pretty accurate description of what that site has turned into. Every once in a while a good thread will grow, but more often than not it's memes.

I believe it to be from the format of forums encouraged users to type out their complete thought as opposed to the "chat like" nature of the newer forum bases (ie Reddit).

+ Reply to Thread