What: Formula Student Germany
    When: 6-12 August (mon-sun)
    Where: Hockenheimring
    Schedule: Website
    Media: Website Overview
    TV: Youtube
    Timing: Timekeeping website
    Inspection status: Fsg website TIS
    Last edited by BeunMan; 08-07-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    Tristan
    Delft '09 Team member, '10 - Chief Electronics
    'now' (Hardware) Security Engineer

Super proud of the guys and girls from Zurich Driverless!
    Thanks for saving the competition and showcase, that driverless cars are exciting!

Still, I think it would be better to change the Trackdrive Event for the next year. It is not really an advertisement for the competition. Potentially we need an AutoX type event with 2-3 laps and more tries so that the teams can really show what they can do.
    No offense to Darmstadt, they made a perfect "save run" but seeing a car driving 2km/h for 40 minutes is just ridiculous.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

I'm impressed by all the autonomous teams, doing slow safety runs or all out.

The normal competition seems to throw some potential upsets too, does anyone have an unofficial points summary before endurance is counted?
    Pontus Fyhr - Lund University Formula Engineering alumn/assistant FA

First of all, congratulations to all the winners! It was an impressive competition, with record times in both acceleration and autoX (not sure on skidpad), which shows how much cars and teams have been pushing the boundaries.

Official results are out, so you can deduct the Endurance scores if you wish. I was impressed (again) by how much the FSG competition is improving from year to year in terms of organization. Coverage was excellent for yet another year as well.

What was not impressive, was the number of DNFs; one would expect more teams to cross the finish line, especially given the fact that FSG takes place quite late in the European FS season.

P.S. Anyone knows what happened to TU Fast? The DQ penalty is weirdly worded and it seems unlikely to me that some team (especially a top team) would intentionally mess with their BSPD.
    Last edited by mech5496; 08-13-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mech5496 View Post

P.S. Anyone knows what happened to TU Fast? The DQ penalty is weirdly worded and it seems unlikely to me that some team (especially a top team) would intentionally mess with their BSPD.
    They posted on they Facebook account that they flashed a faulty Software on the car that disabled the BSPD. They state that there was no performance gain (what I believe) and that they are basically kicking themselves.
    Something like this can happen...

Munich was by far the most impressive car at the competition and probably the fastest car ever made, so therefore heads up guys and I look forward to see it next time.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

Yeah, was a bummer really seeing them DQ'd; car was astonishing fast.

Just a slight correction - BSPD is the hardware device which compares HV power and brake encoder and shuts off in a runaway motor situation.
    Can't disable it through software by design and rules.
    What they shut off was the brake plausibilty check which disables throttle (in software) when the brakes were pressed.

+ Reply to Thread