+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for husqvarna SM630 crankcase

Question Looking for husqvarna SM630 crankcase

Hello,

I'm from Indonesia, I look for husqvarna SM630 crankcase because my crankcase broke. Is there want to sell the crankcase or have a friend who sell SM630 crankcase because took time so long if order it from dealers. I want to buy it, because car must go to FS Japan early September.

Thanks,
    Best Regards,

Ninda Kurniadi

Can it be welded? how is it damaged?
    ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

Quote Originally Posted by NickFavazzo View Post
    Can it be welded? how is it damaged?
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-26 at 12.20.23.jpg

Can't weld it

Probably could cover it with a flat plate. Picture is a bit small to see if anything 'structural' is there but if comp is a couple of month away I would use that as a backup plan. Do you have the chunk that is missing?

I've had engine cases re-welded and bearing bores refinished on my race bikes to get me to the next round.
    ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

Quote Originally Posted by NickFavazzo View Post
    Probably could cover it with a flat plate. Picture is a bit small to see if anything 'structural' is there but if comp is a couple of month away I would use that as a backup plan. Do you have the chunk that is missing?

I've had engine cases re-welded and bearing bores refinished on my race bikes to get me to the next round.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-26 at 11.20.01.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-06-26 at 11.20.05.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-06-26 at 11.20.00.jpg
    Cover it with a flat plate but I'm not sure about it because the broken area very large. Okay let's see next picture, 10th August the engine must running and until now I not yet the crankcase and the solution about it. Yes, I have the chunk that is broken

HI Ninda,

This eBay seller in the US has one half of the case listed, you could message and see if they have the other half.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Husqvarn...d/272218674939

That ad makes it look like the engine might be the same for the TE630 as for the SMS630. If you can verify that it will let you search more broadly.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Price View Post
    HI Ninda,

This eBay seller in the US has one half of the case listed, you could message and see if they have the other half.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Husqvarn...d/272218674939

That ad makes it look like the engine might be the same for the TE630 as for the SMS630. If you can verify that it will let you search more broadly.
    Hello Drew Price,

Thanks a lot !! Right, TE630 same as SMS630 engine. I will message the seller. I already contact some seller from US and Europe but they say that crankcase is no longer available because the bike discontinue.
    Last edited by Ninda Kurniadi; 06-27-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Ninda, what caused the broken crankcase? From the picture, it looks like a conrod has broken and smashed the case. If this is the case, then you don't need a set of crankcases, you really need a new engine!
    The trick is... There is no trick

It looks to me like it's in the very back of the case in the transmission area, maybe from the diff coming loose and getting yanked into the back of the motor? It's hard to tell from the photos.

Ninda, I could not easily find even an entire engine for the 630's. I've got my fingers crossed that you can get the car back together in time to test before Japan!

You have probably tried already, but maybe there is a Husqvarna Facebook group or forum with classified sections as well. This site seems to not get much traffic anymore, but the FSAE subreddit is pretty active, maybe try there too.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast