+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 Rules

2019 Rules

The Formula SAE Rules for 2019 are now available for review and comment.

The rules document has been completely updated, revised, and reformatted for 2019. The changes are made to improve the clarity and usability of the rules.

Since this is a complete revision, changes in the document are not marked.

Please give us feedback on rules and changes you like, as well as those you do not like.

If there is an issue with a rule or a portion of it, please provide enough explanation so that we can understand why you have an issue. If you have a recommended solution or possible new wording, please provide that.

Anyone may submit comments, including competitors, alumni, judges, officials. Only serious comments and feedback will be considered for review. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted. We ask for your information in case we have a question or would like to contact you.

The Draft Formula SAE 2019 Rules are located online.

To submit feedback, please click on the link at the top of the page in the draft rules document, or go to the following webpage

Deadline for comments: Fri June 29.

Thank you

FSAE Rules Committee
    Direct link to rules
    Link to announcement

PS. I am not part of the committe, just hoping to start a discussion

EV1.3.2 the maximum permitted voltage that may occur between any two points must not exceed 600VDC
    Looks like the USA has dumped the 300V rule... Will be interesting to see if any euro teams come over.

Reviewed only the first 30 pages so far; seems promising.

Just a small thing for discussion here; the aero exclusion zones figure on pg. 57 could be way more clear. IMO it should at least include the fact that the width of the front wing and the sides is restricted; same for how much wings extend forwards or rearwards. I would also paint exclusion zones in red; usually green is for stuff that's allowed. Alternatively, define "permitted" zones

Quote Originally Posted by mech5496 View Post
    Just a small thing for discussion here; the aero exclusion zones figure on pg. 57 could be way more clear. IMO it should at least include the fact that the width of the front wing and the sides is restricted; same for how much wings extend forwards or rearwards. I would also paint exclusion zones in red; usually green is for stuff that's allowed. Alternatively, define "permitted" zones
    There's no restriction on front wing width below 250mm height, but I agree that adding some dimensions would help the diagrams be more useful.
    Owen Thomas
    University of Calgary FSAE, Schulich Racing

+ Reply to Thread