Thread: Auto X and Endurance Track release

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Thomas View Post
    Yep.

Connect the dots.

100% correct. Is there anything you can do to stop other teams from being as prepared as possible? Is it "fair"? Nah, so try not to get too worked up about it and prepare yourself the best you can. It's all you can do.

If I recall, the organizers started posting the track maps early to try and level the playing field and reduce the impact that an ace driver has. We can argue all day about whether or not it was effective, but I'll put some trust in the course designers who have been running SCCA events for decades. This isn't a bad discussion to have, I just feel there's probably bigger fish regarding performance inequality.
    I'm going to go through the auto x times and enduro times and see if there is a consistent difference in times between drivers first and second attempt.

I agree with you on all levels. Posting the maps should flatten the field. Just out of all the teams I have spoken too have a hard time finding an area to reach the speeds that Michigan is. Trying to hit 70 in a parking lot isnt very feasible nor is any of the faster offset gates where a lot of time can be lost.
    Last edited by Hoyt H; 05-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.