+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Active suspension design engineer - Boston, MA

Active suspension design engineer - Boston, MA

Hey, I'm working with my Chief Engineer to find someone young, hungry, and able to prove through FSAE experience their ability to learn and self teach suspension related (or other) subjects. We need a smart go-getter ready to contribute to a well funded start up in Boston.

Check out www.clearmotion.com for the marketing stuff. Email me at rmcguinness @ clearmotion dot com with a resume if you're ready to start now or after graduating this summer. We're planning on hiring 3-4 guys this year in the damper group at various levels of experience but don't need anymore ivy league book smarts, we have enough of that!
    Last edited by RBbugBITme; 04-02-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Ryan M.

Ah, tell Andy that I say hello. Hope you guys find someone fitting. When he left, it sounded like Clear Motion had some cool things in the pipeline.

I hope they have a better means to deal with bored and unchallenged engineers there.
    Last edited by Homemade WRX; 04-03-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Micah McMahan
    Red Bull Powertrains Performance Design Team Leader
    3MI Racing LLC Owner/Engineer
    Former MSI Defense Solutions - Sr. Design Engineer/Project Manager
    Former Roush Yates Engines - Sr. Design & Analysis Engineer
    ODU FSAE 04 member, 05 controls leader, 06 control/ergo/brakes leader, 07 brakes/MC22 turbo engine/Asst Team Leader

Looks like ClearMotion bought that part of Bose --
    http://www.vehicledynamicsinternatio...p?NewsID=89987

A job posting has been added to the site. https://boards.greenhouse.io/clearmo...9#.WtvTb-jwaUk

This is open to upcoming graduates and alumni. We're hiring up to 4 guys this year just within the damper group. I come from the racing world and I'm am not bored like I thought I might be. These are nothing like anything currently on OEM cars and there are a lot of unique challenges fit for the most creative and intelligent engineers we can find.

One word of warning, this is a (well funded) STARTUP. Work hard and you will be rewarded but 9-5 everyday should not be expected. We behave like a silicon valley team with a chef onsite everyday, stock options, and there is no healthcare deduction from your paycheck!

You can see a local broadcast here http://www.wcvb.com/article/mass-com...mooth/19878129
    and we'll be nationally broadcast on NBC Nightly News sometime next week.
    Last edited by RBbugBITme; 04-21-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    Ryan M.

Powered by di-Litrhium Crystals

Keep in mind that the Global markets are all heading to electric vehicles. The energy consumption of this Bose system derivative is enormous and is a range killer. My suggestion is to contemplate this ride and handling concept relative to buyers of any vehicle having range anxiety, versus a career that will provide you with a retirement fund able to sustain you and a family.

IMHO, it's a great science project, but just like similar notions, just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should do it, with no guarantee of long term success.

BTW: That's why Cadillac backed out of production for the Bose system way back in 2005.

Just think for a minute how the EPA will score the KVA mileage on a bumpy dyno !

We are not using linear actuators like Bose did so please refrain from assuming what we're developing and your suggestion is arrogant at best considering the state of the company and what is to be announced before the end of this year. We bought their patents for other reasons I'm not going to explain in a public forum. Damn near every OEM on the planet is working with us and you can see a report on the company on NBC Nightly News any night from tomorrow onward (depending on breaking current events that would push the scheduled broadcast).

Now posted here. https://www.motorsportjobs.com/en/jo...-damper-design
    Last edited by RBbugBITme; 04-25-2018 at 10:40 PM.
    Ryan M.

Quote Originally Posted by BillCobb View Post
    Keep in mind that the Global markets are all heading to electric vehicles. The energy consumption of this Bose system derivative is enormous and is a range killer. My suggestion is to contemplate this ride and handling concept relative to buyers of any vehicle having range anxiety, versus a career that will provide you with a retirement fund able to sustain you and a family.

IMHO, it's a great science project, but just like similar notions, just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should do it, with no guarantee of long term success.

BTW: That's why Cadillac backed out of production for the Bose system way back in 2005.

Just think for a minute how the EPA will score the KVA mileage on a bumpy dyno !
    I like how you're speculating what they do there. You're actually barking up the opposite tree, so I'd just.

The work that Andy had mentioned before leaving sounded really cool and promising, especially for those pesky electric cars.

Best of luck with the hiring hunt.
    Micah McMahan
    Red Bull Powertrains Performance Design Team Leader
    3MI Racing LLC Owner/Engineer
    Former MSI Defense Solutions - Sr. Design Engineer/Project Manager
    Former Roush Yates Engines - Sr. Design & Analysis Engineer
    ODU FSAE 04 member, 05 controls leader, 06 control/ergo/brakes leader, 07 brakes/MC22 turbo engine/Asst Team Leader

Where are the potholes? The bumps/ramps shown in that video are fairly long wavelength, and appear to be "tuned" to the roll resonance of the passive car--making it look violently bad.
    + Those are not typical road bumps, so of course the standard Merc was not tuned for them. Why were they chosen for this demo?
    + Have you got a video that shows realistic potholes, taken at a variety of speeds?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast