Texas Autocross Weekend 2017

UTA will be hosting the 17th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on the weekend of July 7 through 9, 2017. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to be a national event. Please join us for a weekend of pure FSAE racing without the pressure of judging and competition (except for bragging rights). This is a time to observe cars in a more relaxed setting and to see how you stack up against some of the best FSAE cars in the country.

Friday night we will have a welcome social in Woolf Hall in our shops, offices, and the Arnold E. Petsche Center for Automotive Engineering showcase room.

Saturday will be a competition at UTA's big lot with the traditional 1998 FSAE endurance course in the morning and a different course in the afternoon. Saturday is open to anyone with no limits on how many runs you get. Timing and scoring by volunteers from the Texas Region of SCCA. Texas-style BBQ will be served at lunch (sponsored by Arnold E. Petsche). Snacks, water, soft drinks and energy drinks will be provided by Mouser Electronics, and Mike Andrews.

There will be a presentation by GoEngineer Saturday evening to present the new features of SolidWorks and Simulation. Pizza will be served.

On Sunday there will be a formal “Formula Cars Only” autocross event on our campus. We will allow up to 4 drivers per car. Entry fee will be $10 per driver and each driver will get 4 runs in a true autocross style. You will be on your own for lunch although we normally finish close to noon (several fast foods across the street).

Last year we have had 14 schools represented, 30 FSAE cars, over 200 students attending the event, and probably 100 local spectators and sponsors. Some schools attend without cars just to learn.

I need all of the registration details so I can make arrangements for food, order T-shirts, and assign driver numbers to the competitors, etc. Please e-mail me for further details and get all of the registration information to me by June 30, otherwise we won’t have a T-shirt for you.

There is no registration fee for the activities on Friday or Saturday. You will get snacks Friday night and Saturday and two meals on Saturday paid by our sponsors. If you order a T-shirt you will have to buy it for $10. If you enter the autocross event on Sunday you have to pay the $10 entry fee.

-Dr. Bob Woods cell: 817 996 0707, FSAE shop: 817 272 2430, E-mail: Woods@uta.edu