+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Program Event Guides of previous events

Program Event Guides of previous events

Hello all!

My name is Rodrigo Luengo and I'm a part of FSAE-USB, Universidad Simon Bolivar's Formula team. I've noticed that in the SAE website, specifically on the latest Formula SAE Michigan event section they usually publish the respective Program Event guide they hand out physically at competition, the one with each car and a brief description and their specs. I would like to know if there's any way to access the guides for previous years' events since I'm interested in statistically comparing some basic dimensions of the cars and their relations wiith lap times. I've looked them up in the SAE website and this forum with no luck, perhaps I'm not searching correctly, but any orientation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Luengo
    Last edited by luengorod; 06-01-2017 at 07:52 PM.

You can try emailing the SAE event organizers. I've enquired about the same thing about 2 years ago, but they didn't seem to follow through. Hopefully you will have better luck!

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    ...but they didn't seem to follow through. Hopefully you will have better luck!
    The Internet Archive Wayback Machine is your friend, at least back to 2013 --
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130815...laseries/fsae/
    I tried the Program Event Guide pdf download from the December 7 snapshot and it worked,
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131127...ganprogram.pdf

The Archive may go back further, but you will have to dig for the URL. I think FSAE was linked to another part of the main SAE site in earlier years -- please post back the link(s) if you find them.

Quote Originally Posted by DougMilliken View Post
    The Archive may go back further, but you will have to dig for the URL. I think FSAE was linked to another part of the main SAE site in earlier years -- please post back the link(s) if you find them.
    I'm sure there are several people who have downloaded and archived these personally over the years. Kettering should have a folder on their team computer somewhere with all of the program guides archived from at least 2009 - 2015.
    Anyone else have any to contribute to the cause?
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

Hello

Thanks everyone for responding. The wayback machine was quite useful, as Mr. Milliken said, but the link works as far back as 2013. After digging a little bit on the SAE website archived in 2012, I was able to find the FSAE Michigan event page with all it's announcements or documents but, unfortunately, the program event guides were not among them

Furthermore, I wrote an email to SAE and got the following response:

Hello unfortunately we do not have any of the old guides in an online archive that would be accessible for you.

Bummer, though I still got my hopes on someone having archived them themselves.

Cheers,

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo Luengo

Universidad Simón Bolivar FSAE-USB
    2015-2016 Brakes/suspension
    2016-2017 Suspension
    2017-2018 Suspension/Management
    @fsaeusb

Beleave It or Not..

Actually, I have some of this data for a few years. Its in Excel spreadsheet(s). Here's a sample from the 2015 Event(s)Team Data Sample.jpg

You'll be hard pressed to correlate dimensions with results, though, unless you do some sub-system categorization to add some causal parameters. I.E. powertrain layout causes wheelbase extension, etc

+ Reply to Thread