Thank you for that reference. I'll bite offand chew a few comments:

1) There is relaxation data available on the TTC, AND an example of it processed posted by me, including it's use in simulations where speed adjustments are made.

2) The only real compliances applicable to a FSAE car are probably steer and camber related, more so front effects (front steering).

3) The TTC relaxation tests are representative of the steered (By a steering mechanism). This is the Control Input. The unsteered tires (as is likely rears) don't have the same responses as they are plunged into a turn because of the vehicle's yaw and sideslip response and not steered by the driver.

4) Note that the steered tires Mz response is the most interesting because of it's effect on compliance AND on the rigid body yawrate transient. A feeling driver ought to e able to sense this torque in the steering wheel if the steering mechanism is good and the drivers hands and fingers aren't welded to the rim.

5) Experimental methods CAN be used to ascertain transient tire characteristics in the long range view. Given a chirp or square wave pulsed
steer input to the car AND a Cornering Compliance based set of transfer functions (Cornering Compliances as in there's more than just some
tire compliance in the vehicle), a Optimizer can be coaxed into producing the cornering compliances that mimic the road test results
(Yaw Velocity and Sideslip gains and steering sensitivity (Ay by SWA). However, if you don't include a tire relaxation term, the solution
will not converge. This is because there will be a phase error that can not be closed. An extra velocity term is necessary for both gain and phase
characteristics to be matched. This will be the lumped tire relaxation effect.

6) Understeer is a derivative, not a difference variable. I have seen more than one 'vehicle dynamicist' use difference metrics and then get bamboozled by the appearance of real road test results which are not increasing or decreasing functions, but curl back on themselves. This would really mean a severely oversteering vehicle yet it would be published as an understeering condition.
Limited slip differentials come to mind as players in this nomenclature game.

I can post a few transfer function views of what the bob & wow FSAE cars might be (best of the best and worst of the worst) if anybody is interested.